41) Strategic Management 3
Selected Company: Singtel
as the chosen company, the analysis should be based only on one of the company’s business units, e.g. one of the consumer services (either mobile, internet or cable tv).
The report structure can be as follows:
1) Introduction (around 200 words)
– company background (information may be obtained via company’s website, annual reports, SGX, etc)
– identify one strategic business unit (SBU) and clearly indicate the chosen SBU for the subsequent analysis
2) Macro-environment analysis using PESTEL framework (around 100 words for each factor).
– identify factual info on each factor
– relate how that factor would impact the company
– draw conclusion from the analysis, i.e. what are the opportunities or threats.
3) Industry and competitive analysis using Porter’s Five Forces model (around 100 words for each factor)
– brief intro about the Porter’s model
– to give rating (either High or Low) for each factor in the sub-title
– to draw personal perspectives to justify the ratings, i.e. whether is it a threat or opportunity to the company
4) Internal analysis (around 600 words)
– only required to identify the company’s core competencies based on the four criterias covered in class: valuable; rare; costly to imitate; non-substitutable.
5) Identify and briefly discuss the contents of the business strategy, and explain how the strategy has been identified.
6) Evaluate the suitability of the strategy identified.
7) Provide recommendations (only if the strategy is identified to be inappropriate).
Parts 5 and 6 are the key components as they can be subjective and marks are given based on how strong the arguments are.
3000 words (+/-10%)
minimum of 10 references, with Harvard in-text citations included in the report wherever appropriate.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more