ACCT 346 Managerial Accounting Week 4 DQs and Midterm Exam Devry
ACCT 346 (Introduction to Managerial Accounting)
Discussion 1 Activity-Based Costing and Incremental Analysis
How does activity-based costing differ from the traditional costing approach? When would it give more accurate costs than traditional costing systems?
Discussion 2 Activity-Based Costing and Incremental Analysis
Only those costs that change need be included in the decision making process. Evaluate this statement and discuss its merits or shortcomings.
Week 4 Assignment: ACCT 346 Week 4 Midterm Exam (Multiple Choice)
1. (TCO 4) Which of the following will have no effect on the break-even point in units? (Points : 4)
2. (TCO 4) Circle K Furniture has a contribution margin ratio of 16%. If fixed costs are $176,800, how many dollars of revenue must the company generate in order to reach the break-even point? (Points : 4)
3. (TCO 4) Paula Corporation sells a single product at a price of $275 per unit. Variable cost per unit is $135 and fixed costs total $356,860. If sales are expected to be $825,000, what is Paulas margin of safety? (Points : 4)
4. (TCO 5)Which of the following is treated differently in full costing than in variable costing? (Points : 4)
5. (TCO 5) Which of the following items on a variable costing income statement will change in direct proportion to a change in sales? (Points : 4)
6. (TCO 5) Peak Manufacturing produces snow blowers. The selling price per snow blower is $100. Costs involved in production are: (Points : 4)
7. (TCO 5)The cost objective is the (Points : 4)
8. (TCO 6)Which of the following statements about cost pools is not true? (Points : 4)
9. (TCO 6) AC Consulting Company has purchased a new $18,038 copier. This overhead cost will be shared by the purchasing, accounting, and information technology departments since those are the only departments which will be able to access the machine. The company has decided to allocate the cost based on the number of copies made by each…..(Points : 4)
10. (TCO 7) A company is trying to decide whether to keep or drop the sporting goods department in its department store. If the segment is dropped, the manager will be fired. The manager’s salary, in relation to the decision to keep or drop the sporting goods…..(Points : 4)
11. (TCO 7)BigByte Company has 12 obsolete computers that are carried in inventory at a cost of $13,200. If these computers are upgraded at a cost of $7,500, they could be sold for $15,300. Alternatively, the computers could be sold “as is” for $9,000. What is the net……? (Points : 4)
12. (TCO 7)YXZ Companys market for the Model 55 has changed significantly, and YXZ has had to drop the price per unit from $275 to $135. There are some units in the work in process inventory that have costs of $160 per unit associated with them. YXZ could sell..? (Points : 4)
13. (TCO 3) Which of the following companies is most likely to use a process costing system? (Points : 4)
14. (TCO 3) The Blending Department began the period with 45,000 units. During the period the department received another 30,000 units from the prior department and completed 60,000 units during the period. The remaining units were 75% complete. How much are…? (Points : 4)
15. (TCO 4)Total costs were $75,800 when 30,000 units were produced and $95,800 when 40,000 units were produced. Use the high-low method to find the estimated total….(Points : 4)
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more