Directions: Please show all of your work for each problem. If applicable, you may find Microsoft Wordâ€™s equation editor helpful in creating mathematical expressions in Word. There is a tutorial on using this equation editor in Module 1 Lecture Notes. You also have the option of hand writing your work and scanning it.
1. Find the greatest common factor. 4, 6, 12.
2. Factor. 24x3 + 30x2
3. Factor out the GCF with a negative coefficient. â€“24m2n6 â€“ 8mn5 â€“ 32n4
4. Factor completely by factoring out any common factors and then factoring by grouping.
6x2 â€“ 5xy + 6x â€“ 5y
5. The GCF of 15y + 20 is 5. The GCF of 15y + 21 is 3. Find the GCF of the product (15y + 20)(15y + 21).
6. The area of a rectangle of length x is given by 15x â€“ x2. Find the width of the rectangle in terms of x.
7. Factor the trinomial completely. x2 + 8x â€“ 9
8. Factor the trinomial completely. 2x2 + 16x + 32
9. Complete the following statement. 6a2 â€“ 5a + 1 = (3a â€“ 1)(__?__)
10. State whether the following is true or false. x2 â€“ 7x â€“ 30 = (x + 3)(x â€“ 10)
11. Factor completely. x2 + 11x + 28
12. Factor completely. 15x2 + 23x + 4
13. Factor completely. 6z3 â€“ 27z2 + 12z
14. The number of hot dogs sold at the concession stand during each hour iih after opening at a soccer tournament is given by the polynomial 2h2 â€“ 19h + 24. Write this polynomial in factored form.
15. Find a positive value for k for which the polynomial can be factored.x2 â€“ kx + 29
16. Factor completely. 9x2 + 4
17. Determine whether the following trinomial is a perfect square. If it is, factor the binomial.x2 â€“ 12x + 36
18. Factor completely. 25x2 + 40xy + 16y2
19. Factor. s2(t â€“ u) â€“ 9t2(t â€“ u)
20. State which method should be applied as the first step for factoring the polynomial. 6x3 + 9x
21. State which method should be applied as the first step for factoring the polynomial. 2a2 + 9a + 10
22. Solve the quadratic equation. 5x2 + 17x = â€“6
23. Solve the quadratic equation. 3x(2x â€“ 15) = â€“84
24. The sum of an integer and its square is 30. Find the integer.
25. If the sides of a square are decreased by 3 cm, the area is decreased by 81 cm2. What were the dimensions of the original square?
26. Write in simplest form.
27. Write in simplest form.
28. Write the expression in simplest form.
29. The area of the rectangle is represented by 5x2 + 19x + 12. What is the length?
5x + 4
34. Perform the indicated operations.
35. Find the area of the rectangle shown.
36. Subtract. Express your answer in simplest form.
37. Subtract. Express your answer in simplest form.
38. Add. Express your answer in simplest form.
39. Add. Express your answer in simplest form.
40. Add or subtract as indicated.
41. One number is 8 less than another. Let x represent the larger number and use a rational expression to represent the sum of the reciprocals of the two numbers.
44. What values for x, if any, must be excluded in the following algebraic fraction?
45. What values for x, if any, must be excluded in the following algebraic fraction?
46. Solve for x. + 6 = 1
47. Solve for x.
48. Solve for x.
49. One number is 3 times another. If the sum of their reciprocals is , find the two numbers.
50. A 5-foot pole casts a shadow of 4 feet. How tall is a tree with a shadow of 16 feet?
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more