Assignment 2: Media Portrayals of the Profession of Psychology
Select and review an episode of a television show or a film depicting a character that represents a psychology professional.
Review the following:
- ACA Code of Ethics
- Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct: Including 2010 Amendments
Using the readings, analyze the selected episode or film and complete the following:
- Describe the character and the character’s role in the television show or film. Cite the source (include the citation of the show or film).
- Evaluate the credibility of the character portraying the psychology professional (job title, credentials, level of experience, etc.).
- If information on credibility is not clearly provided, identify the character’s role (psychologist, counselor, etc.) and describe the likely level of education, type of licensure, and estimated number of years of experience. Does the character seem well trained, professional, and experienced?
- Do you have any concerns regarding the ethical behavior of the character? Be sure to cover the following:
- Identify at least one ethical dilemma encountered by the character as well as one example of the character behaving unethically in the episode or film.
- Either discuss how the character made the right ethical choice or describe the ethical behavior the character should have demonstrated.
- Provide the relevant ethics code or standard in quotation marks from the readings.
- How realistically has the show or the character depicted the profession of psychology? Does the show harm the image of psychology or help it? Be specific in your response.
- Identify any multicultural issues that arise in the show or film. Does the character demonstrate multicultural competency? In what ways? If not, how does the character demonstrate a lack of sensitivity and what should the character have done instead?
- Support your statements with information from academic sources, such as your textbook and assigned readings and articles you find in the Argosy University online library resources.
- Write your initial response in a minimum of 300â€“400 words. Apply APA standards to cite sources.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more