Assignment FOR WRITER
Immigrant Parenting, Culture Clash, and Parent Community Partnerships Mock Grant Proposal
In this weekâ€™s assignment, you will write a proposal for grant funding to address issues related to ensuring student success when they come from families of immigrants or from different cultures.
The following video provides a discussion on immigrant parents, culture clashes, and how to work with these parents as partners:
Parenting Across Cultures: The Different Ways We Raise Our Children (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJic9NrYk0Y)
Be prepared to take note of:
- The expectations of immigrant parents
- The challenges in adjusting to new dominant culture
- How children adjust to cultural change
- The impact of the family environment on children and their identity
After viewing the video, review:
- Chapters 7 and 8
- The article by Bang, SuÃ¡rez-Orozco & Oâ€™Connor (2011)
- The article by Pate (1981)
Devise a strategy or series of strategies by which you can support immigrant students and their families in your future classroom. In this plan you must:
- Summarize the needs of all of your students regardless of how many generations they are away from their native culture or cultural heritage.
- Strategize ways to engage families and truly partner with them in terms of their childâ€™s academic success. This can be as simple as agreeing to connect on a regular basis or as unique as creating class events where parents share their culture, language, and heritage.
- Present a budget that accounts for all money, showing how it will be spent. You may wish to include items such as: printing, mailing, meeting expenses, etc.
Present a three- to five-page proposal, not including the title and reference pages, in essay format with the goal of being awarded grant funding of $5,000. This essay is formal and must include current research. Use the sources presented in this assignment as well as at least one additional scholarly source to strengthen your argument. All money must be accounted for in your proposal; therefore, you must show where the money will go (how it will be spent). The goal of the grant is to partner with parents representing diverse cultures or immigrant status to ensure their studentsâ€™ academic success. Your proposal must be formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. ($40)
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more