Assignment Of Building Essay
1. List the four main public concerns identified during “the decade of conflagrations” that are still applicable to today’s fire service.
• The need for fire resistive construction materials in buildings
• A need for dependable water supply
• The regular inspection of fire and life saving equipment
• The safe storage of combustible and flammable materials
2. Identify the five major differences between the United States and other industrialized countries that contribute to higher fire losses.
• Less than 3%-5% of the total fire department budget is spent on fire prevention related activities
• U.S. social acceptance allows an uncontrolled fire to occur
• Wood is extensively used in construction
• Fire services receive low or inadequate funding
• The use of plastics has increased, thus increasing the heat output of a fire over wood products
3. Describe the major differences between the Incident Command System (ICS) and the National Incident Management System (NIMS). The ICS is a personnel management structure through which disaster response is controlled. ICS was developed by the State of California as a method by which earthquakes and other emergencies could be handled efficiently.
NIMS is designed to prepare for, prevent, and manage response to emergency and disaster situations, and to coordinate emergency response disaster responders on the local, state and federal levels.
4. Describe how the events of 9/11 help identify improvements to building and fire codes. They helped identified the need for Elevators high-rise buildings more than 120 feet tall so firefighters can get to, and fight fires, without walking up from the ground floor with heavy equipment, A higher standard for fire resistance in high-rise buildings more than 420 feet tall, a stronger fire proofing for buildings more than 75 feet tall, shafts enclosing elevators and exit stairways that have impact resistant walls, self-luminous exit pathway markings in all exit stairways that provide a lighted pathway when both the primary and secondary lighting fails, and radio coverage systems within the building to allow emergency personnel to better communicate within the building and with emergency staff outside the building supporting the response.
5. How does a global positioning system help in the fire service? GPS tracking can be of great benefit to firefighters by mapping the fire, locating and directing personnel to the hot spots, directing rescue teams if necessary, and sending additional help to the right location.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more