Assignment Work Within A Legal And Efficical Time Frame sample essay
1. Why is it important for a worker in the Community Services Industry to follow their job description? Because we have a duty of care to our clients and following our job description is the way we can give our clients the best way to provide a profession standard of service. And keeping in line with the polices kept in place by the organisation.
2. Define the term policy.
A policy are rules set out that need to be followed.
3. Define the term procedure.
A procedure is a step by step way of how a organisation achieves its desire goal.
Why do Community Services Industry workers need to work within agency policy and procedures? Provide three (3) reasons.
Ensure they do they do their job properly
So No unnecessary harm is caused to the client
To provide a proper duty of care to the client
4. Give five examples of areas that should be covered in a policy/procedure manual. Occupational health and safety
Duty of care
Mandatory Reporting (child abuse)
Case management procedure
5. Define the term legislation.
Legislation are laws which have been enforced by the state or federal government.
6. Define the term statutory requirements?
An act that requires you to do something or not do something is a statutory requirement.
7. Define the term regulatory requirements?
Regulatory requirements are rules that tell you how a service should be run.
8. List three pieces of legislation impacting on the Community Services Industry and state the purpose of each. Legislation has the word ‘Act’ in the title.
9. When gathering personal information from a client, what do you need to tell them? Task B
Read the following case study:
You are a family and community worker employed by a community-based organisation that is located in a public housing estate. You have been working with the following family for a number of months. Julie has four children, aged 2-10 years old, and lives in a public housing estate in ‘Springvale’. You became involved with Julie’s family when she moved to the estate, having left Bill, the father of her children, due to experiencing domestic violence. Julie was granted public housing due to her single parent status, and she is receiving Parenting Payment (Single) from Centrelink. She was referred to your service, regarding her issues of isolation and parenting difficulties with her elder children. The focus of your intervention has been supporting Julie in her parenting role, linking her with community resources and developing budgeting skills. Julie has never been notified to the state child protection services for suspected abuse of her children.
During recent visits, you are becoming increasingly concerned about Julie’s lifestyle. Arriving at Julie’s place in the morning, the flat is very chaotic, the older kids are always rushing off late to school, and the flat is very messy, with unwashed dishes and scraps of food lying around. The younger children seem to always be watching TV and there is evidence of heavy drinking the night before. On your last visit, Julie informed you that Bill was moving in with her and the kids. Despite Bill’s heavy drinking, Julie is very lonely and not coping with the kids well on her own.
She plans to keep this a secret from Centrelink and the state public housing department, as she may no longer be eligible for her financial benefits or subsidised housing. While you acknowledge Julie’s feelings of isolation, you are very concerned for the children’s safety if Bill returns to the family home. You decide that you need to discuss some of these recent developments with Julie. You are aware that Bill is very ‘anti-community workers’ and may react very negatively if he is there when you turn up. He has a history of bullying and threatening behaviour with community agencies that have assisted the family in the past.
Answer the following questions based on the case study:
1. How would you find out what your roles and responsibilities are as a family worker?
2. In this case study what would be your roles and responsibilities as the worker?
3. Consult the attached Job Description. From the job description state three (3) key responsibilities and discuss how you could apply each of the responsibilities to this family.
4. As the worker, identify and discuss two (2) ethical dilemmas in this case study. You need to state the ethical dilemmas from the learning material and discuss why it could be a dilemma for you as a worker.
5. What principles of ethical decision making would you need to be aware of when dealing with the ethical dilemmas you identified, and why?
6. Identify the factors that contribute to risk of harm of the children in this case study.
7. Identify and discuss your duty of care in relation to each family member?
8. If you were unsure about how to proceed in working with this family, what would you do next?
Read the next part of the case study and answer the following questions: In the course of your work with Julie and her family, Julie expresses dissatisfaction about your work with her family. She is adamant that you have a vendetta against Bill, and that you have breached her confidentiality by discussing her situation with other services (such as Centrelink) and is accusing you of acting unprofessionally.
9. Identify Julie’s rights in this situation.
10. Identify the legislation that supports client complaints in this industry. Legislation has the word “Act” in the title.
11. Discuss how you would deal with Julie’s complaint.
Answer the following questions:
1. From the learning material, identify a model for working through issues and dealing with ethical dilemmas.
2. From the learning material, identify the significant ethical guidelines in the Community Services Industry.
3. From the learning material, identify ways that we can ensure client rights are upheld.
4. From the learning material, identify the basic organisational procedures that you will need to follow when managing a complaint.
5. At what point would you consider using an advocate or an advocacy service?
6. Define these terms:
Position:Family Support Worker
Location:Springvale Community Services (SCS)
Classification:Community Services Worker Grade 3
Social and Community Services Employees (State) Award
Hours of Duty: Full time position – 38 hrs/week
To support community, families and individuals as an advocate, point of referral and/or resource. Within Organisation
Compliance with Springvale Community Service’s Code of Conduct, Goals and Objectives, Mission Statement and Policies and Procedures Compliance with all relevant Legislation, Regulations and Awards Compliance with relevant government funding requirements
Compliance with individual scope of practice
Maintain privacy and confidentiality of information within SCS Promote a positive image of SCS
Maintain a commitment to SCS’s Corporate Plan
Liaise with community service providers to plan and engage direct service provision Maintain effective communication and interpersonal skills
Efficient and effective utilisation of resources as allocated under the level of responsibility for the position
Provide direct services to families and individuals that encompass, in consultation with the client(s), identification of issues/needs and implementation of a mutually agreed plan of referral and/or resource acquisition. Provide referral of clients to appropriate / specialist services as required At the request of the client, act as an advocate and/or support for clients accessing referral services and other agencies. Work within relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice/conduct and organisational policy and procedures. Maintain factual and objective client records acknowledging the provision of the Privacy Act.
Provide outreach services, as required
Submit monthly operational and statistical report to the
Co-ordinator of Springvale
Community Services Perform other duties as requested by the
Actively participate in weekly staff meetings
Participate in and contribute to the overall Springvale Community Services Strategic Plan Provide a weekly planner at beginning of each week outlining activities relating to the position role to the Co-ordinator Maintain ongoing professional development ensuring up-to-date knowledge of legislation, referral resources and current professional practices
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more