Rectifiers are widely used in power supplies that provide the dc voltage necessary.
Materials and equipment Needed:
- One 120/24 V center-tapped transformer
- Four diodes 1N4001
- Two 2.2 kÎ© resistors
- One 100 Î¼F, 50 V electrolytic capacitor (any voltage rating is fine since is simulation only)
- One fuse (any rating is fine since is simulation only)
- Connect the the bridge rectifier circuit shown in Figure 1. Notice that no terminal of the transformer secondary is at ground potential (some simulation software will not run if is not connected to the ground, check yours). The input voltage to the bridge, VSEC, is not referenced to ground. In some simulation software the oscilloscope cannot be used to view both the input voltage and the load voltage at the same time. Check your circuit before run the simulation. Compute the expected peak output voltage. Then run the simulatoin and use a voltmeter to measure VSEC (rms). Use the oscilloscope to measure the peak output voltage (VLOAD) without a filter capacitor. Tabulate all data gathered.
- Connect the 100 Î¼F capacitor in parallel with the load resistor. Measure VLOAD, the peak-to-peak ripple voltage, and the ripple frequency. Tabulate all data gathered and compare the results with and without the filter capacitor.
- Simulate an open diode in the bridge by removing one diode from the circuit (choose yours). What happens to the output voltage, the ripple voltage and the ripple frequency?
Write your detailed conclusion about this lab experiment.
Evaluation and Review Questions:
- Compare a bridge rectifier circuit with full-wave rectifier center-tapped circuit which you did before. Which has the higher voltage output?
- Explain how you could measure the ripple frequency to determine if a diode were open in a bridge rectifier circuit.
- What is the maximum dc voltage you could expect to obtain from a transformer with a 12 V (rms) secondary using a bridge circuit with a filter capacitor?
Figure 1 is included in attachment
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more