BSOP 209 Final Exam
BSOP 209 Final Exam
1. (TCO 8) What are the three parts of a wait-line system?
2. (TCO 9) What is the objective function of LP?
3. (TCO 11 & 12) What are two of the steps in a simplex maximization problem?
4. (TCO 10) What will happen if the right-hand side of a constraint is changed?
5. (TCO 15 & 16) What are three of the basic steps that both PERT and CPM follow?
6. (TCO 16) What is a “dummy activity?”
7. (TCO 3, 4, & 5) What is the formula for linear regression? Define each part.
8. (TCO 1) What are the four qualitative forecasting approaches that are available to us? (Points
9. (TCO 6) Describe the “revenue junction.”
10. (TCO 8) What are the three parts of a typical queuing system?
11. (TCO 8) When designing a waiting line system, what “qualitative” concerns need to be considered?
12. (TCO 8) What is the expected value with perfect information?
1.(TCO 1 &2) What is the forecast for Aug based on a weighted moving average applied to the following past demand data and using the weights: 5, 3, 1.5? (largest weight is for most recent data)
2.(TCO 3, 4, and 5) The XYZ Paint Shop owns and operates a dozen shops in southern Iowa. Their signature paint is black epoxy. Sales (X, in millions of dollars) is related to Profits (Y, in hundreds of thousands of dollars) by the regression equation Y = 6.321 + 0.65X. What is your forecast of profit for a store with sales of $25 million? $65 million?
3.(TCO 6 and 7) A product is currently made in a job shop, where fixed costs are $4,500 per year and variable cost is $10 per unit. The firm sells the product for $70 per unit. What is the break-even point for this operation? What is the profit (or loss) on a demand of 220 units per year?
4.(TCO 13, 14) XYZ coating company has reviewed four new processes for improving their coating line. The four processes labeled A, B, C, and D use different technology and have different capacities. All the processes have the same level of production and the lifetime. The four states of nature represent four levels of consumer acceptance of the firm’s products. Values in the table are net present value of future profits in millions of dollars. Forecasts indicate that there is a 0.4 probability of acceptance level 1, 0.3 chance of acceptance level 2, 0.6 chance of acceptance level 3, and 0.5 change of acceptance level 4.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more