BSOP-326 Total Quality Management Week 4 Midterm 2014
1. Question : (TCO 6) An effective leadership system is designed to accomplish all of the following, except _____.
: encourage initiative and risk taking set expectations for performance improvement ensure that organization takes precedence over purpose and function provide a structure for decision making
2. Question : (TCO 6) Effective strategic development in total quality organizations requires consideration of all of the following, except _____.
: the details of an organization’s resulting resource commitments the organization’s strengths and weaknesses the organization’s mission, vision, and guiding principles an environmental assessment
3. Question : (TCO 3) The framework for company-wide quality control (CWQC) in Japan is provided by _____.
: the Shewhart Award the Grant Award the Deming Prize the Baldrige Award
4. Question : (TCO 3) All of the following are true regarding ISO 9000 series, except _____.
: ISO-certified organizations are assured of providing superior product quality the requirements provide a structure for a basic quality assurance system the standards describe processes affecting quality individual sites, not entire companies, must achieve registration individually
5. Question : (TCO 1) A consumer purchases a generic product at a cost of $5.00 instead of the competing brand-name product that sells for $7.00. The consumer feels that there is no difference in quality between the generic and brand-name products. This scenario illustrates which of the following definitions of quality?
: Manufacturing-based Value-based Product-based User-based
6. Question : (TCO 1) During the Middle Ages, quality was built into the final product. This approach to quality was lost with the advent of _____.
: engineering schools craft guilds automation the Industrial Revolution
7. Question : (TCO 1) Which of the following is most appropriate in describing the quality efforts used in the early 20th century?
: Defect prevention was emphasized Quality circles were extensively used Use of inspection was widespread Quality was every worker’s responsibility
8. Question : (TCO 2) Which of the following systems does not have a role to play in assuring quality in a manufacturing firm?
: Sales Purchasing Product design None of the above : Ch. 2, p. 51, Fig. 2.1
9. Question : (TCO 2) Services are generally _____ intensive, whereas manufacturing is more _____ intensive.
: labor, equipment quality, quantity input, output profit, cost
10. Question : (TCO 2) Conditions that facilitate high-quality service employees include which one of the following?
: Reward systems that recognize cost-cutting behaviors Work environments that isolate employees from customers Supervisors who act more as coaches and mentors than as administrators Specialized job assignments, such as greeting customers
11. Question : (TCO 2) Which of the following is NOT generally true about service organizations?
: Customers often are involved in the service process. Services are capital intensive. Services cannot be stored, inventoried, or inspected prior to delivery. Services are produced and consumed simultaneously.
12. Question : (TCO 3) Over the years, the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award criteria have been improved to include all of the following shifts in emphasis, except which of the following?
: From supplier quality to supplier partnerships From a focus on current customers to a focus on current and future customers and markets From human-resource utilization to human-resource development and management From intra-industry rivalries to intra-industry alliances
13. Question : (TCO 5) Bill designs and maintains the inventory management software that his coworker John uses when customers call the company to place an order for merchandise. Bill is John’s _____.
: internal customer external customer internal supplier external supplier
14. Question : (TCO 5) Moments of truth are instances when which of the following occurs?
: New products are launched. A firm is audited. A customer comes into contact with an employee. A new competitor enters the market with higher quality.
15. Question : (TCO 7) Which of the following is not considered a hard measure of the effectiveness of human-resource management?
: Employee satisfaction Productivity improvements Cycle-time reductions Employee turnover
16. Question : (TCO 4) The need to remove barriers to pride in workmanship is associated with which of the following individuals?
: Crosby Juran Deming Taguchi
17. Question : (TCO 4) The Deming philosophy focuses on improvements in product and service quality by _____.
: inspecting 100 percent of output reducing variation reducing customer complaints separating the planning and execution functions
18. Question : (TCO 8) The key stages of a team’s life cycle include all of the following, except for _____.
: storming adjourning norming rewarding
1. Question : (TCO 4) Deming’s Profound Knowledge consists of four elements. Answer the following three parts relating to the psychology element of Deming’s Profound Knowledge. Your discussion should reflect this element of Deming’s Profound Knowledge and not psychology in general.Discuss why psychology is important for us to understand. (10 points)Discuss how fear plays a part in this element. (10 points)Discuss how pay and motivation are of interest in this element. (10 points)
2. Question : (TCO 1) Explain each of the following statements as they apply to modern quality management:1. Customer service is the rule not the exception. (15 points)2. The absence of defects is a given rather than a source of competitive advantage. (15 points)
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more