BSOP-326 Total Quality Management Week 6 – Statistical Thinking and Process Improvement
Grading SummaryGrade Details – All Questions
1. Question : (TCO 11) The component of statistical methodology that includes the collection, organization, and summarization of data is called _____.
Student Answer: descriptive statistics analytical statistics inferential statistics predictive statistics
2. Question : (TCO 11) Characteristics of the population are called _____.
Student Answer: point estimates random variables statistics parameters
3. Question : (TCO 11) Which of the following constitutes an operational approach to reducing sampling error?
Student Answer: Cross-checking research designs with knowledgeable analysts Questioning the assumption that tomorrow’s and today’s population are comparable Taking a larger sample from the population Reducing conditions that contribute to dissimilar population segments
4. Question : (TCO 11) Calculating the average value of five sample measurements of door width is an example of which of the following?
Student Answer: Descriptive statistics Statistical inference Predictive statistics Analytical statistics
5. Question : (TCO 11) Acting on every result as if it were a special cause of variation is known as which of the following?
Student Answer: Stabilizing Bullwhipping Tampering Monitoring
6. Question : (TCO 12) A statistical technique that is useful for interpreting scatter diagrams is which of the following?
Student Answer: The average Correlation analysis The standard deviation Nominal group technique
7. Question : (TCO 12) Another name for a cause-and-effect diagram is which of the following?
Student Answer: Histogram Run chart Check sheet Fishbone diagram
8. Question : (TCO 12) To enable a service process to be mistake-proof, unlike manufacturing processes, the _____ must be considered.
Student Answer: process owner customer environment manager
9. Question : (TCO 12) Which of the following pairs of charts are used together?
Student Answer: X-Bar chart and p-chart R-chart and p-chart R-chart and s-chart X-Bar chart and R-chart
10. Question : (TCO 12) A p-chart is also called a _____.
Student Answer: pre-control chart probability chart fraction defective chart process capability chart
11. Question : (TCO 12) Determine the sample standard deviation(s) for the following data: 7, 8, 2, 1, 3, and 5.
Student Answer: s = 2.805 s = 3.266 s = 2.927 s = 3.578
12. Question : (TCO 12) Six samples of subgroup size 6 (n=6) were collected. Determine the upper control limit (UCL) for an X-Bar chart if the mean of the sample averages is 4.7 and the mean of the sample ranges is 0.35. CHART
Student Answer: UCL = 4.86905 UCL = 4.90195 UCL = 4.72250 UCL = 5.05805
13. Question : (TCO 12) Twenty samples of subgroup size 6 (n=6) were collected for a variable measurement. Determine the upper control limit (UCL) for an R-chart if the mean of the sample ranges equals 4.4. Factors for calculating control limits:n A2 D3 D42 1.880 0 3.2673 1.023 0 2.5754 0.729 0 2.2825 0.577 0 2.1156 0.483 0 2.004 Student Answer: UCL = 9.3016 UCL = 1.4696 UCL = 11.3256 UCL = 8.8176
1. Question : (TCO 11) What are the advantages of studying a sample from the population instead of studying the entire population though a census?
2. Question : (TCO 11) Define standard error of the mean.
3. Question : (TCO 11) Differentiate between an enumerative study and an analytic study. Which type of study is more appropriate for descriptive statistics, hypothesis testing on the population mean, and time-series analysis?
4. Question : (TCO 12) Explain the difference between Type I and Type II errors in the context of a control chart
5. Question : (TCO 12) Define the term statistical process control.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more