BUS 415 Final Exam
1. When statutes are passed only after considerable study, debate and public input, this is an example of which function of the law?
2. What was the U.S. Supreme Courts reaction to a case where a business executive was found guilty of aiding and abetting in the bribery of an Internal Revenue Service Agent even though the Internal Revenue Service agent had been found not guilty of the bribery in a separate trial?
3. Which of the following is most consistent with the Natural Law School of jurisprudence?
4. Which of the following statements is true regarding the relationship of law and ethics?
5. Which of the following is correct with regard to the relationship between law and ethics?
6. Which of the following is not one of the Caux Round Table Principles for International Business?
7. In a civil case, which of the following is true about the order of the presentation of the case?
8. The U.S. claims court hears what kind of cases?
9. In general, the courts in a civil law system play a much larger role in making law than in a common law system.
10. To be successful in a negligence cause of action, the plaintiff must prove that the defendant breached a duty of care that caused the plaintiff’s injuries.
11. Which of the following could not give rise to a strict liability in tort action for products liability?
12. The failure of the manufacturer of a product to warn users of the dangerous propensities of a product can be negligence.
13. Types of contracts that are commonly invalidated include the following except:
14. When the provider of a service provides that service without obtaining a required license, with which kind(s) of license(s) can the service provider collect her fee as provided in a contract?
15. Where a contract calls for action that violates a statute, in a breach of contract case the court will:
16. What characteristics are necessary for a draft to be a check?
17. Which of the following will result in an instrument being nonnegotiable?
18. Where must the signature appear on a negotiable instrument in order to meet the signature requirement?
19. Articles 2 and 2(A) of the UCC cover which types of transactions:
20. A homeowner orally contracted to buy some custom made parts that the homeowner will use to build a retaining wall in the homeowner’s back yard. The contract price for these materials was $2,000. The buyer refused to take delivery even though they were conforming. The seller is unable to sell these parts to anyone else because they were individually designed for the homeowner. In a lawsuit against the homeowner by the seller of the parts:
21. A buyer agrees to purchase “two cars” from an elevator company. All material terms are contained in a written contract, but “two cars” is not further defined. Which of the following evidence can be admitted if there is a dispute over what “two cars” refers to?
22. When an LLC desires to do business in another state, it must obtain a(n):
23. The uniform law, issued in 1984 by the Committee on Corporate Laws of the American Bar Association, that regulates the formation, operation, and termination of corporations is:
24. Which of the following is true when a general partnership is converted to an LLC?
25. Jan saw an item at a local department store, which she considered purchasing but did not. After getting home, she changed her mind. Her roommate was going to the same store, so Jan asked the roommate to pick up the item for her. Jan gave her credit card to the roommate and said, “Just sign my name; you know they never check the signature.” The roommate purchased the item with Jan’s credit card and signed Jan’s name. Has the roommate committed forgery?
26. Which is true about corporate criminal liability?
27. Under The Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act:
28. Rover Corporation is a regular corporation that has not elected S corporation status. In 1992, Rover earns $100,000; in 1993, Rover distributes $50,000 to its shareholders. Which of the following best describes the tax consequences to Rover and its shareholders?
29. The DEF Corporation is incorporated in Texas. It wishes to do business in Oklahoma. Before DEF can legally do business in Oklahoma, which of the following must it do?
30. John buys a particular issue of stock that carries a stated dividend rate of 8 percent per year; that if this dividend is not paid during a particular year, it will not be paid in a subsequent year before common stock dividends are paid; that John can exchange the stock for common stock in the future, at a specified exchange price; and that if the corporation wants to, it may buy the stock back from John at $50 per share. This stock is best described as:
31. Which of the following best describes the status of the employment at will doctrine in the United States today?
32. What is generally the effect when an exception to the employment at will doctrine applies?
33. Under the employment at will doctrine, an employment relationship can be terminated:
34. Which of the following items is a legal justification for paying unequal wages based on gender?
35. Which of the following is a correct statement of the requirements for a bona fide occupational qualification?
36. Which of the following is true about sexual harassment in the workplace?
37. Which of the following is true about misappropriation of trade secrets?
38. Which of the following is true about misappropriation of trade secrets?
39. When can an ordinary word such as “window” be granted trademark protection?
40. Under workers’ compensation, when an employee is accidentally injured on the job:
41. Which of the following statements best describes the workers’ compensation rules?
42. Company handbooks have been found to amount to a(n) ___________ exception to the employment at will doctrine.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more