Can you do discussion assignment due 10/27/15 @ 10:00 pm 1page
Requirements : apa format double space and 12 font, references:Please follow directions to the fullest, answer each as directed: First make sure you define the word ” microagressions” and understand the true definition.
Microagressions “happen outside the level of awareness of well-intentioned individuals” (Wing Sue, 2007).
Last week you took part in a Discussion in which you shared your personal definitions and experiences with microagressions. You were asked to spend the next week listening for and being sensitive to microagressions taking place in the interactions of people around you and in the media. In preparation for this week’s Discussion, consider:
- What have you learned about prejudice, stereotypes, discrimination and microaggressions
- Why discussions need to be supported and fostered by sensitivity and respect
- What you noticed this past week with regard to microagressions during first-hand experiences, interactions you observed, and examples you noticed in the media
By Day 3:
Post your thoughts with regard to two of the following:
- Examples of microagressions that you noticed this past week and your response or possible responses
- How tuning in to people’s interactions and the media broadened and deepened your awareness of and sensitivity to microagressions, discrimination, prejudice, and stereotypes
- Why it is vital that professionals in the early childhood field understand and be sensitive to the power of microagressions
- Your thoughts with regard to Dr. Wing Sue’s statements that one of the “dangers” of microagressions is the perception that they cause minimal harm
Ramsey, P. G. (2015). Teaching and learning in a diverse world: Multicultural education for young children (4th ed.). New York: Teachers College Press.
- Chapter 6, “The Context of Culture and the Natural Environment” (pp. 107-118, up to “Learning About and Challenging What Children Know, Think, and Feel about the Natural Environment”)
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more