Case Study! Trader Joe: Due by 4:00pm today
Case Study 1: Examining Emotions, Attitudes, and Job Satisfaction
Due Week 3 and worth 100 points
Emotional Intelligence (EI) focuses on understanding the emotions and attitudes of others. To manage relationships effectively, we need to not only understand ourselves, but also increase what we know about others. EI emphasizes four key competencies for leadership success:
- Self-awarenessâ€“the ability to understand our own emotions and how they impact others
- Social awarenessâ€“the ability to understand the emotions of others
- Self-managementâ€“the ability to think before acting
- Relationship managementâ€“the ability to build rapport with others
Grasping the realities of organizational behavior begins with an understanding of personality and behavioral tendencies. Case Study 1 is designed to address issues pertaining to the emotions, attitudes, and job satisfaction of others. Read the â€œTrader Joeâ€™sâ€ case study on page W-99 in the back of your textbook to examine how emotions, attitudes, and job satisfaction influence decision-making.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Examine the approach Trader Joeâ€™s uses to promote a positive work environment for its employees. Determine at least three (3) ways in which Trader Joeâ€™s is able to increase job satisfaction and performance.
- Determine how Trader Joeâ€™s uses the management process (planning, organizing, leading, and controlling) to develop its employees.
- Suggest two (2) ways that leaders can effectively manage relationships in general by using the four (4) EI competencies.
- Recommend at least three (3) leadership practices that Trader Joeâ€™s could implement in order to increase the competitive edge of the organization. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze the relationship between the basic organizational behavior models of individual, group, and organizational processes and the productivity of an organization.
- Explore how individual differences, personality traits, and perspectives impact the productivity of an organization.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in organizational behavior.
- Write clearly and concisely about organizational behavior using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric found here.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more