Chemicals of Concern in the Environment
As scientists and engineers work to produce products that make people’s lives easier and safer, there is the possibility that these new products could have negative consequences on individuals and the environment. In this lab, you will select 1 of the chemicals listed below and learn about its role in improving lives, as well as the potential unintended consequences it may have.
Chemicals of concern (select only 1 to research):
- Brominated flame retardants are added to plastics and fabrics to make them more flame-resistant. This chemical is regulated by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Cadmium is an element known as a heavy metal. It is used in batteries, paints, and plastics. It is regulated by the U.S. EPA.
- Phthalates are chemicals added to plastics to make them more flexible and are regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Bisphenol-A (BPA) is a chemical that is added to plastics to harden them, while keeping them light. It is regulated by the U.S. FDA.
300â€“500 words that respond to the following questions with your research. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
- What role does your chemical play in the modern world?
- What are some possible detrimental health effects that are associated with the chemical you selected?
- Explain the position of the U.S. FDA or EPA regarding your selected chemical. In the above list, you will see which of these two agencies regulates your selected chemical.
- What is the position of your state government regarding your selected chemical?
- Do you feel that your chemical should be more tightly regulated in the United States? Why or why not?
- Would label requirements be enough?
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more