CIS-502 WEEK4 CASE STUDY 2
CIS-502 WEEK4 Case Study 2: Social Engineering Attacks and Counterintelligence
Social engineering attacks and counterintelligence have major impacts to our national security. In July 2010, the Afghan War Diary was released in WikiLeaks. In October 2010, WikiLeaks also released the largest military leak in history â€“ the Iraq War Logs revealing the war occupation in Iraq. This type of information is considered as classified data by the Department of Defense.
Read the article titled, â€œWikiLeaks Releases 400,000 Classified US Military Filesâ€, and then read the article titled, â€œWikiLeaks: At Least 109,000 Killed During Iraq Warâ€.
Write a five to eight (5-8) page paper in which you:
- Describe what social engineering and counterintelligence are and their potential implications to our national security in regard to the leaked Afghan War Diary and the Iraq War Logs.
- Examine the importance of forming a sound information security workforce and describe the challenges faced by organizations in doing this as evidenced by the articles about the Afghan War Diary and the Iraq War Logs that were released in WikiLeaks.
- Predict how the Afghan War Diary and the Iraq War Logs that were released in WikiLeaks could influence organizations in regard to their security policies and risk management procedures.
- Propose two (2) methods to thwart this type of intelligence leak in the future and explain why each would be effective.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Evaluate an organizationâ€™s security policies and risk management procedures, and its ability to provide security countermeasures.
- Analyze the methods of managing, controlling, and mitigating security risks and vulnerabilities.
- Define common and emerging security issues and management responsibilities.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in security management.
- Write clearly and concisely about the theories of security management using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more