This assignment encourages you to begin to reflect on the concepts presented in Chapters 11 and 12. Specifically,
you will see an informative presentation presented via a mediated channed (i.e. video recording/youtube). This presentation also incorporates a visual aid–which can be a tricky element for video recorded or even synchronous video formats.
1. Watch this informative speech video (right click and open the link in a new tab/window): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUtF-jDLm0k&feature=youtu.be
2. Determine the specific purpose of this presentation, the thesis/central idea and the organization patttern used by Ms. LaKeitha.
3. Using the evaluation form linked to this assignment, evaluate Ms. LaKeitha’s presentation. Pay particular attention to the major sections of the presentation–the introduction (goals to grab the audience’s attention, relate the subject/topic directly to the audience, share the thesis/preview where the speech is going, and establish the speaker’s credibility), the body of the speech (organized, clear, easy to remember), and the conclusion (summarize the main points and be memorable). *No need to comment on the “materials (outline/references page) section, as I did not provide these for your).
4. Post your evaluation to Blackboard by Monday, June 30, 2014.
- So, we have discussed/practiced brainstorming and narrowing our topics for our informative presentations (by reading/studying Chapters 11 & 12). Now let’s combine these skills with research skills! Below you will identify your chosen presentation topic and demonstrate that your topic is well narrowed, can be well sourced, and that you are well informed, committed and passionate about the topic!
Post the following items to this assignment:
- Identify your narrowed topic
- Write a specific purpose statement
- Write a working thesis statement
- Provide 5 potential sources (scholarly, peer reviewed, pertinent) for your presentation
**Keep in mind you want to choose a topic that you care about/are connected to and one that you can make relevant to your audience (our class). If you are not sure how your classmates will respond to a particular topic or what they know about a topic, then ask us using the provided discussion forum. In the past I have had students share presentations that do not relate to our audience and this essentially wastes the time of the class and makes the time the student put into his/her presentation seem irrelevant. For example, one student gave a persuasive presentation on why the audience need to buy a cell phone; at the end of the presentation, I asked the class, “who has a cell phone?” Everyone in the class raised their hand; the presentation did not target the audience. If the student had engaged in a bit of audience analysis then she would have known that she needed to persuade the audience to take some other action (like purchase a certain type of cell phone, or cell provider, or certain app, etc.). So, beware that your presentation does.
please make sure to do a research simple and easy im international student i only need simple to understand not much of effort plus good quality.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more