Culture and International Trade
Assignment 1: Discussion Questionsâ€”Culture and International Trade
Culture and politics are important parts of the external environmental and vary more across than within countries. These features should be carefully assessed before entering into a foreign market or location with a business venture.
Research the impact of culture and politics on business using your textbook, University online library resources, and the Internet. Respond to the following:
- Why is understanding culture critical for successful international business? Give examples of how understanding culture has been important for an international business.
- Classify and describe at least four different types of political systems that an international business might encounter. What type of political system might have the greatest potential for imposing adverse political risk on an international business? Compare at least one other system to the one you selected and explain why it has less potential for imposing political risk.
Write your response in 400 words or less. Apply current APA standards for writing style to your work. All written assignments and responses should follow APA rules for attributing sources.
By Tuesday, February 5 , 2013, submit your assignment
Assignment 2: Case Analysisâ€”Nike and International Labor Practices
There are certain important differences between developed and developing countries, some of which may lead to difficult ethical problems. The case study in this assignment describes Nikeâ€™s production strategy that lead to a labor controversy.
Read the following case study:
- Spar, D., & Burns, J. (2000, January 19; revised 2002, September 6). Hitting the wall: Nike and international labor practices. Harvard Business School. HBS Number: 9-700-047
Analyze the case. In your case analysis, address the following:
- Summarize the basic issues presented in the case.
- Describe Nikeâ€™s business strategy and how it involved controversial manufacturing relations. Discuss the opinions about this strategy.
- Describe and discuss the conditions in the manufacturing operations for Nike products. Comment on whether the wages in these manufacturing plants were too low. Cite data in support.
- What other U.S. companies are mentioned in the case? Describe them and their relationship to the labor issues. Does this issue seem to concern only Nike?
- In your opinion, did Nike take the right steps? Should they and other U.S. shoe manufacturers continue to contract for making shoes in Asia? Should the U.S. government be involved in regulating such operations?
Submit your work in a 4-page Word document. Apply current APA standards for writing style to your work. All written assignments and responses should follow APA rules for attributing sources.
By Saturday, February 9, 2013, deliver your assignment
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more