Difference Between White and Black Rhino Essay
Both black and white rhino are poached for their horn. The rhino horn is worth around R600000 per kilo. The horn is used in many ways. Some use is for ornamental handles and daggers. While in China and Vietnam they use it as medicine to cure various diseases such as typhoid or cancer. In Japan they use ground up rhino horn as an aphrodisiac. Here are the poaching statistics for the current and 2 previous years.
Why save the Rhino? There are many reasons why to save the rhino but here are the most important ones 1. Rhinos are an critically endangered species Three of the five rhinoceros species are classified as critically endangered this means they are very close to extinction. And without intervention from us they will probably go extinct. The black rhino is one of the three.
2. Rhinos have been around for millions of years
Rhinos have been an important part of our ecosystems for millions of years, and we cant let them die out on our watch. 3. Humans have pushed the rhino’s to the verge of extinction It’s our fault that their numbers are dwindling. We are the main reason rhinos are dying. We do this directly and indirectly. Directly by poaching them and indirectly by destroying their habitat and contributing to climate change.
4. By protecting rhinos we protect other species too
When protecting and managing a rhino population, scientists and rangers have take in to account all other species interacting with the rhinos so we can preserve their habitat. Meaning we have to protect everything in a rhino’s habitat.
5. Rhinos attract tourists
Rhinos being the second largest land mammal are part of the Big Five and this attracts a lot of tourists to South Africa. These tourist go to the national parks and spend their money, helping the national parks and local communities. How to stop poaching
1. Many people don’t know that rhinos are critically endangered If people don’t know about something then they won’t do anything to help that cause. So by creating awareness about the poaching problem people will give more money to organisation that try to stop poaching.
2. Donating money to organisations that stop poaching
To do something about poaching a organisation which tries to prevent poaching needs money. So by donating money to them they can to more about stopping this poaching problem.
3. Remove the horn before hand
The only thing poachers want from a rhino is its horn. So by removing it before the poachers try to get the horn, they won’t kill it because there is nothing of value to them on the rhino.
4. Increase border security
It is a well know fact that many of these poachers come over the boarder during the night to kill the rhino and get the horn. So by increasing border security it should help solve this problem.
5. Increase Ranger patrols in national parks
By doing this we can catch the poacher before they get to the rhinos.
6. Stop the people who buy the horn If we stop the people who buy the horn, demand will go down and the poaching will stop.
Endangered Wildlife Trust Endangered Wildlife Trust was founded in 1973, the EWT implements conservation research and action programmes, supports biodiversity and ecosystem functioning and advocates the sustainable use of natural resources. EWT establishes dedicated working groups through which the objectives of the Trust can be achieved. These working groups are the operational units of the organisation and are essentially self-managed, harnessing the talent and enthusiasm of a network of specialists and stakeholders in an area of conservation priority. Existing working groups have developed highly credible track records effecting conservation outcomes.
1. The EWT has developed a guide to help rhino owners and managers improve security and prevent rhino poaching. The guide, which takes the form of a booklet is intended as a guide to help rhino owners and managers improve security on their properties in a way that is effective and affordable.
2. Support investigations into rhino poaching and hosting a national rhino anti-poaching hotline (082 404 2128). All information received is channelled to the relevant authorities for investigation and is thereby contributing in assisting with investigations into rhino poaching.
3. Public education and information sharing through the development of a fact sheet on rhino poaching which provides accurate information on the uses of rhino horn, the market drivers, the current trends and the various responses.
4. While the EWT does not have the capacity to directly address poaching, per se, discussions are underway as to how the EWT can play a facilitatory role in the following areas: • The training of anti-poaching personnel; • The increased deployment of anti-poaching dogs, which would not only be able to track poachers, but would also, be trained to detect firearms and ammunition.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more