due on 3:00pm may 5th
1) Explain the CAC approach to air pollution? Have these policies worked in terms of reducing pollution? Were these policies efficient? Discuss. (Use the handouts in forming your answer, but not on the exam.)
2) What new types of policies have been developed to address air pollution? Why is it envisioned these will be more efficient? Use a mathematical example to show how tradable permits can be more efficient than CAC.
3) What have we learned about the sustainable use of resources and the ability to maintain the ability to produce into the future? Reconsider the discussion of the political discussion in the Dogs paper. When society decides that regulations are necessary, what should be the role of the government? How should the regulations be implemented in order to be efficient? How do markets fit into the social decision process? Use examples for your explanation.
4) How does Tietenberg suggest we smoothly transition to a sustainable future and avoid losing per capita welfare for future generations?
5) According to Jacobs, how can methods on innovation in an ecosystem be applied to an economy? Use examples.
6) What are the factors that cause some cities to develop into vibrant economies and cause others to remain small?
7) Differentiate between positive and negative feedback loops. Give examples of each with regard to natural resource utilization. What is the importance of data collection and evaluation in understanding feedback loops?
8) Compare Tietenbergâ€™s â€œmenu of opportunitiesâ€ with Jacobsâ€™ vision of the conduit. What would Boulding think of this?
9) Imagine you are making a presentation to a group of high school students. How would you explain the importance of a regulated market economy? (Three words) Select an example and describe how the system works. Keep in mind the goal of the system.
10) Imagine you are talking to a class of university freshman. They are concerned about what they should study. What challenges do you see in the future and how can those challenges be addressed by studying markets? Pick an example and explain how economics allows us to not only discover the challenge but also to find solutions.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more