Eco 204 Week 1 Quiz Demand For A Good Will Always Rise When Points
ECO 204 Week 1 Quiz
1. Demand for a good will always rise when (Points : 1)
the price of a complementary good falls.
the price of a substitute good falls.
the price of the good falls.
2. Opportunity costs are (Points : 1)
only dollar expenditures.
costs that never include dollar expenditures.
dollar expenditures plus time costs and other forgone activities.
only relevant for individuals and not for government.
3. Which of the following is a macroeconomic issue? (Points : 1)
The price of butter
The number of new cars produced
The growth rate of total output
The price of products sold in the steel industry
The price of cell phone service
4. In Collegia, a small college town, the market for parking spaces is in equilibrium at a going price of $5 a day. There are 1,500 spaces and they are all sold every day with no unsatisfied buyers. Now the college takes in 200 more students, each of whom also wants a parking space at $5 a day. If there is a normal, upward-sloping supply curve, what will happen when the market has time to adjust? (Points : 1)
There will be 1,700 parking spaces at $5 a day.
There will be 1,500 parking spaces at some price greater than $5 a day.
There will be more than 1,500 but less than 1,700 parking spaces at $5 a day.
There will be more than 1,500 but less than 1,700 parking spaces and the price will be more than $5 a day.
5. If the demand for coffee decreases as income decreases, coffee is a(n): (Points : 1)
6. All but which one of the following could shift the demand curve? (Points : 1)
A shift of the supply curve
A rise in income
A change in the price of substitutes
An increase in the size of the age group buying that good
A successful advertising campaign which convinces people that they want more of this good
7. When price changes, one should expect a change in (Points : 1)
technology and income.
8. Ceteris paribus, as applied in demand theory, means (Points : 1)
accounting for all possible simultaneous changes.
holding constant all factors that affect demand except one.
observing the real world.
holding technology and resource prices constant.
holding one input constant while changing the other input.
9. Along with the other social sciences, economics is concerned with (Points : 1)
the behavior of human beings as individuals.
the behavior of human beings in groups.
the activities of international agencies.
the laws of mathematics as they apply to decision making.
the behavior of human beings both as individuals and in groups.
10. If left alone, a market-directed economy will (Points : 1)
invariably provide the correct economic choices.
provide the correct economic choice in many but not all cases.
protect consumers from monopoly.
avoid the production problems encountered in command economies.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more