Economic time-series Exam sample essay
1. The variation in an economic time-series which is caused by major expansions or contractions usually of greater than a year in duration is known as:
2. Time-series forecasting models:
3. If two alternative economic models are offered, other things equal, we would
4. Smoothing techniques are a form of ____ techniques which assume that there is an underlying pattern to be found in the historical values of a variable that is being forecast.
5. The forecasting technique which attempts to forecast short-run changes and makes use of economic indicators known as leading, coincident or lagging indicators is known as:
6. For studying demand relationships for a proposed new product that no one has ever used before, what would be the best method to use?
7. If Ben Bernanke, Chair of the Federal Reserve Board, begins to tighten monetary policy by raising US interest rates next year, what is the likely impact on the value of the dollar?
8. Companies that reduce their margins on export products in the face of appreciation of their home currency may be motivated by a desire to
9. An increase in the exchange rate of the U.S. dollar relative to a trading partner can result from
10. Trading partners should specialize in producing goods in accordance with comparative advantage, then trade and diversify in consumption because
11. An appreciation of the U.S. dollar has what impact on Harley-Davidson (HD), a U.S. manufacturer of motorcycles?
12. If the British pound (₤) appreciates by 10% against the dollar:
13. The import of Apple iPads assembled in Shanghai at a $295 wholesale price ($213 cost and $82 profit margin) adds more than it should to the U.S. trade deficit with China because
14. If the marginal product of labor is 100 and the price of labor is 10, while the marginal product of capital is 200 and the price of capital is $30, then what should the firm?
15. In a production process, an excessive amount of the variable input relative to the fixed input is being used to produce the desired output. This statement is true for:
16. Which of the following is never negative?
17. The combinations of inputs costing a constant C dollars is called:
18. The marginal rate of technical substitution may be defined as all of the following except: 19. In a relationship among total, average and marginal products, where TP is maximized:
20. Economies of Scope refers to situations where per unit costs are:
21. Economies of scale exist whenever long-run average costs:
22. What method of inventory valuation should be used for economic decision-making problems?
23. For a short-run cost function which of the following statements is (are) not true?
24. The cost function is:
25. According to the theory of cost, specialization in the use of variable resources in the short-run results initially in: Copy this link to your browser and download:
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more