English disscoution 150 word answerr
Getting a college degree still helps your chances of getting a job, but not necessarily a good one.
Some Americans are becoming overeducated for the jobs that are available to them, as data shows more college educated workers are taking low-skill jobs that are clearly below their qualifications.
Take taxi drivers for example. About 15%, or more than than 1 in 7, had at least a bachelor’s degree in 2010, according to Bureau of Labor Statistics data.
Compare that to 1970 when less than 1% of taxi drivers had college degrees. And the job description hasn’t changed much, if at all, since then.
“A lot of people, particularly people with bachelor’s degrees, are getting jobs, but not good jobs,” said Richard Vedder, an economist at Ohio University.
In a study released Monday, Vedder shows that about 37% of employed U.S. college graduates are working in jobs that require no more than a high school diploma. Those include jobs like taxi drivers, sales clerks, firefighters and telemarketers. He calls this phenomenon “credential inflation,” as the supply of college grads is growing faster than the jobs requiring that level of education.
Vedder argues that an underemployment problem is likely to persist even after the U.S. economy recovers fully from the jobs crisis. He predicts that the number of college grads will grow by 19 million between 2010 and 2020, while the number of jobs requiring that education is expected to grow by less than 7 million.
1. Do you know someone struggling to find a job worthy of their college credentials?
2. Does knowledge of this economic issue shape your perspective and/or motivation while you work towards a degree?
3. Have you ever worked a job that you feel overqualified for? If not, would you consider working a job that doesn’t require a degree even though you (hypothetically) had one?
4. Does applying for a job you are overqualified for affect your interview strategy? (for instance I tend to leave things off my resume that would make me seem too overqualified. i have found that a lot of restaurant managers look for employees they feel will stick around the longest: people without degrees or more advanced work experience.)
5. Tell me some ways you think this problem can be remedied. (e.g. increased wages making market more competitive, and so on)
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more