Excited Project Manager
You are excited to be the project manager for this critical corporate initiative; however, you are aware that several people who will be on your team feel that you do not have the experience necessary to be successful. You feel confident that you can do an outstanding job on this project because you have a long track record of successes.
You have a team planning meeting scheduled for tomorrow afternoon; your plan is to review the project charter and start ping into some of the planning details. However, you overheard a conversation between two of your team members in which they discussed how they think the project will fail because of your inexperienceâ€”you do not have the internal relationships, you do not know the lingo, and you do not know the suppliers. They also think your lack of experience with this type of product means that you will never be able to gain credibility with the design or production teams. You did not respond to them or let them know that you heard them. Instead, you want to address this during your meeting tomorrow.
Discussion Board Assignment Guidelines:
- Answer the following questions:
- Describe how you will respond to your team members’ concerns.
- Do you believe that your lack of experience with this type of product is a risk to the project? Why or why not?
- How does your experience as a project manager, along with your expertise with risk management, affect your ability to lead the project?
- What are you going to do to address this risk (if you think it is a risk)?
- What are you going to do to address the concerns?
- How will you address this concern with the project stakeholders, assuming they have the same concern?
Need help with writing Excited Project Manager?Get help