for computerscience only
Lab 2: Modifying a Database Design
Due Week 4 and worth 75 points
This assignment contains two (2) Sections: Modified Diagram and Design Summary. You must submit both sections as separate files in order to complete this assignment.
If youâ€™re using Visio, see â€œAppendix A: Designing Databases with Visio Professional 2010: A Tutorialâ€ to help you complete Section 1: Modified VisioDatabase Design. (Note: This tutorial focuses on the use of Microsoft Visio. Open source applications are not covered in Appendix A. However, using open source applications or even pen and paper within labs is permitted.)
After reviewing your database design from Lab 1: Creating a Database Design, the college has provided more information for the database that they want developed:
- For each student, the college needs to track the student ID, student names, addresses, start date, phone numbers and types (such as mobile, home, work), email addresses and types (such as personal, school, work), gender, and birth date.
- For each course, the college needs to track the course ID, course name, department, quarters offered, sections, and instructor teaching each course.
- For each instructor, the college needs to track the instructor ID, name, address, phone numbers and types (such as mobile, home, work), email addresses and types (such as personal, school, work), gender, birth date, and the courses that each instructor is qualified to teach.
- Additionally, the college needs to track the final grades for each student after each course has completed.
Section 1: Modified Diagram (Using Microsoft Visio is optional; you may also use any other application you know or even modify the diagram with pen and paper and take a picture of it for submission.)
- Use the application or pen and paper to:
- Modify the database diagram from Lab 1 with the entities and attributes that the scenario identified (i.e., a college tracking students, courses, and instructors).
- Create the appropriate relationships between each entity within the diagram.
2. Submit your modified diagram.
Section 2: Design Summary (Microsoft Word or equivalent)
3. Write a one to two (1-2) page paper in which you:
- Discuss the degree to which you believe your diagram reflects the database design.
- Describe any assumptions that you had to make about the business rules to in order to create the diagram and the associated relationships.
Section 2 of your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Submit the design summary as a Microsoft Word file.Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the role of databases and database management systems in managing organizational data and information.
- Recognize the historical development of database management systems and logical data models.
- Compose conceptual data modeling techniques to capture the information requirements.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in database systems.
- Write clearly and concisely about relational database management systems using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using this rubric.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more