For “Dr Ricky Adams” only PAD 505 Assignment 3
Scenario for Assignments 1-5[removed]
For Assignments 1-5, you are the new budgeting and finance administrator for your local government agency. Your first responsibility is to become familiar with the agency, the budget, programs, and capital projects. As the administrator, you will be responsible for analyzing, examining, proposing, and preparing the agencyâ€™s budget for the next five (5) years.
Note: Students cannot use New York City as a selected local government
Assignment 3: Presenting the Budget
Due Week 8 and worth 225 points
Refer the Scenario for Assignments 1â€“5. Prepare the financial plan and budget justification proposal.
The agency is contracted to work with New York City on several capital projects. To proceed with negotiations, an analysis of the cityâ€™s financial documents must be considered. Review the New York City Financial Plan, located at http://www.nyc.gov/html/omb/downloads/pdf/fp6_12.pdf, to answer questions listed. (Title this section â€œNew York City Financial Planâ€)
- Answer Question 1 based on the review of the New York City Financial Plan: Are total revenues growing faster or more slowly than expenditures? Show the annual growth rates for revenues and expenditures in a table.
- Answer Question 2 based on the review of the New York City Financial Plan: What is New York Cityâ€™s fastest-growing category of expenditures during the planning period? Justify the answer with examples.
- Answer Question 3 based on the review of the New York City Financial Plan: What percentage of New York City revenue comes from the general property tax? How much is this tax growing in each year of the financial plan? Justify the answer with examples.
- Prepare a budget to support the proposal to partner with New York City to offer a job training program housed within the NYC Department of Social Services. (Title this section â€œBudget Justification Proposal.â€) (Note: The agency has decided to partner with New York City.)
<!–[if !supportLists]–>a) <!–[endif]–>The agency proposes $500,000 over a three (3) year period beginning FY2013 to be included in the State Categorical Grants for the Department of Social Services to provide hands-on job training workshops in office administration, security, construction, and apartment maintenance.
<!–[if !supportLists]–>b) <!–[endif]–>Use Figure 7.2, Budget Justification, in Chapter 7 (pages 114-115) as an example.
- Provide names and URLs of the Websites for the stateâ€™s budget(s) analyzed and any other government Websites used to support the assignmentâ€™s criteria.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more