Fundamentals of human resource management
Fundamentals of human resource management (4th ed.). Chicago, IL: McGraw-Hill
1. List and explain the perceptions employees use to determine the fairness of the companys procedures and outcomes.
2. Describe and evaluate the criteria employees use to evaluate the fairness of a pay structure.
3. Compare and contrast the three common types of retirement plans offered by employers, and indicate whether they are contributory or noncontributory plans. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each one to the employee and to the employer?
4. You are the HR Supervisor responsible for developing the company objectives that will be listed in the new benefits package. What needs to be considered when selecting employee benefits?
5. List and explain the advantages and disadvantages of incentive pay, and describe how companies can overcome the disadvantages. Your response should be at least 75 words in length for the 5 questions. You are required to use at least your textbook as source material for your response. All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations. Discussion question no word count
Below is a link to an article discussing Affirmative Action and an upcoming Supreme Court ruling on whether it will be handed to the States or remain a federal policy. The court is about to make a decision that could result in another “Landmark” case by reversing a previous decision. Historically, the court rarely reverses a decision. For example, in 1896 in the ruling for “Plessy vs. Ferguson” they ruled the doctrine “Separate but Equal” as constitutional and that opened the door to the Southern States immediately taking advantage of the loophole and implementing the racist Jim Crow laws. It took 58 years before they finally overturned it and reversed their decision in another “Landmark” case “Brown vs. the Topeka Board of Education” in 1954. Soon another decision and possible reversal is in the making. Below is the article. Read it and then use the information below to comment with your thoughts and opinions: http://news.yahoo.com/supreme-court-to-decide-whether-affirmative-action-can-be-left-up-to-state-voters-024502165.html Affirmative Action plans and guidelines have been a source of controversy and the subject of heated discussions regarding whether they have outlived their original intent and purpose. This concept includes many areas and one is equal pay for equal work and the “glass ceiling” addressing equality in promotions, particularly for females. A common argument by opponents is “reverse discrimination.” Do you think that is a valid argument? Why or why not? Do you think Affirmative Action has outlived its purpose? Why or why not?
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more