Goverance and Fraud
From the topics covered in Weeks 3-4, select one law related to financial management in health care organizations. Include a cover page and a list of references at the end of the paper in APA Format. Paper will be double spaced and be 4-5 pages in 12 point New Times Roman font. [No deduction if paper exceeds a page or so. Thus 3 and half page paper will be penalized.]
The assignment is to be written in clear, concise narrative. All sections in the outline for Assignment #2 are required. The majority of the paper should be devoted to two sections: a) The three (3) case examples and penalties of those found guilty; and b) the three (3) remedial steps involving management intervention to reverse the non-compliance in organizations such as these.
Outline Must use the underlined headings from the outline below in your paper and the paper must be in narrative form not outline or bullet format. -2pts from 12.5pts paper is worth if underlined headings not used in your paper.
1. Name of the Law or Laws:
Indicate the official title of the federal and/or state law, the statute and section number. Must be either a federal statute or state statute or you must cite both if applicable. [Thus if there is both a federal and state law that covers your subject picked then you must cite both]
2. Managementâ€™s Financial responsibility and consequences of a violation:
What is the health care organizationâ€™s responsibility under this financial management statute? Describe the appropriate behavior and expectation. What are the consequences of a violation? Contrast the correct behavior with financial management behavior violating the law. Include the citations and source of documents describing the organizationâ€™s responsibility.
3. Consequences for Ethical or Legal Breach:
Identify from the news, three (3) specific case examples of health care organizations or health care providers found guilty of a legal or ethical breach. Identify the specific legal and/or ethical breach and the penalties assessed to the health service organizations and/or individuals found guilty of violating the law or ethics [provide citation of law]. Do you agree with the result in each case? If so why and if not why not? Students should use a minimum of three (3) documented specific examples retrieved from the print media.
4. Managementâ€™s remedial steps to reverse the non-compliance organizations:
Describe three (3) specific management actions or remedial steps to ensure the financial management in the health care organization meets or exceeds federal law or state law. Discuss how each of the three management actions specifically meets or exceeds specific federal or state law. Be specific as to how exactly it meets or exceeds specific federal or state law. Use information provided in class such as the governance structure and standardized procedure development. Note: These actions may include specific uses of technology, procedures, human resource training, and other management tools. However these action steps must be within the control of a manager.
5. Conclusion: Summary your findings above
6. Reference List [APA Format]
The paper must be:
- Be sure and use the underlined headings found in the outline below in your paper. Paper must be in narrative format not outline or bullets.
- Double spaced and be 4-5 pages in 12 point New Times Roman font. [No deduction if paper exceeds a page or so. Thus 3 and half page paper will be penalized.]
- Must footnote all facts in the paper. For example use sequential numbers starting with “1” and this number should correspond to full citation at the end of the paper. Do not put footnote citations at end of each page but at end of entire paper.
- Include a cover page [not counted as a page] which should have student name and title of your paper [Provide a short name for the legal responsibility the specific health care organization has for one type of patient right in a specific setting ]
- A the end of the paper a list of references in APA Format [not counted as a page]
- Be prepared using word-processing software and saved with a .doc, .docx, or .rtf extension. No pdf.
- Be uploaded to your Assignments Folder by 11:59 p.m. eastern time on the due date.
- Late penalties: Paper is due by due date but if there occurs is an extraordinary event beyond your control, then you need to contact me as to the reason and then we can discuss a new due date if I agree with your excuse. In every case of an extension you will be penalized 11% [no chance for an A on the paper] for the first day late and an additional .5 pt for each day thereafter, no matter the excuse deducted from the 12.5pts paper is worth.
- The paper is to be posted in Assignment #2 drop box.
Grading Rubric for written Assignment #2
Critical Thinking Skills: Clearly presents thoughts and concepts.
Course Content: Uses, applies, and demonstrates understanding of course materials, readings, conferences, and instructor-provided content.
Assignment Instructions: Responds to assignment instructions, including all essential elements of the project description.
Writing Quality: Writes clearly, concisely, and with few errors. APA format is followed. Citations are used. Easy to understand.
Maximum total points
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more