Graded Questions sample essay
1. Were the groups in this study independent or dependent? Provide a rationale for your answer. They were independent. There was a two-factor analysis that was used and the data was collected independently.
2. 3.15 describes the difference between women and men for what variable in this study? Is this value significant? Provide a rationale for your answer.
Yes the value of 0.02 is significant because it is less than the number that was selected of 0.05
3. Is 1.99 significant? Provide a rationale for your answer. Discuss the meaning of this result in this study.
It is significant because its percentage is 0.025 which is below the alpha level of 0.05. It is also due to the fact that the df level is 169, which makes the values more significant the farther away from the alpha level of 0.05.
4. Examine the t ratios in Table VI. Which t ratio indicates the largest difference between the males and females post MI in this study? Is this t ratio significant? Provide a rationale for your answer. The ratio with the largest difference was in Mental Health with a ratio of -3.15. This is significant because it shows the difference between males and females, the alpha scale for this study was set at 0.05.
5. Consider –2.50 and –2.54. Which t ratio has the smaller p value? Provide a rationale for your answer. What does this result mean? The t ratios with the smaller p values is -2.54. This result means that for a healthy future men and women post MI physical exercise is highly interconnected and statistically significant.
6. What is a Type I error? Is there a risk of a Type I error in this study? Provide a rationale for your answer.
7. Should a Bonferroni procedure be conducted in this study? Provide a rationale for your answer.
8. If researchers conducted 9 t-tests on their study data. What alpha level should be used to determine significant differences between the two groups in the study? Provide your calculations.
9. The authors reported multiple df values in Table VI. Why were different df values reported for this study?
10. What does the t value for the Physical Component Score tell you about men and women post MI? If this result was consistent with previous research, how might you use this knowledge in your practice?
Need help with writing Graded Questions sample essay?Get help