- First, you are to go to the Federal Trade Commissionâ€™s website at http://www.ftc.gov/bc/index.shtml and select one proposed merger for your paper. Then, in a group discussion board, present a complete description of the industry.
- Second, in another group discussion board, present two arguments: One in support of the merger and the other opposing the merger.
- Finally, write a 5-8 page paper that contains the industry description, and the two arguments.
- Set-up a group discussion board and post the following information.
Part 1) Industry Description:
- Describe the firms in the proposed merger. List their annual sales, and extent of their operations.
- From the firms’ point of view, what are some of the incentives to consolidate?
- List and describe the firms in the industry.
- Describe the product, production methods, scale of production, and sources for raw materials. What technologies are used?
- Describe the competitive environment within the industry. Is there a dominant firm? Are the other firms follow or actively compete? How do they compete? (For example, by using price, advertising, quality or some other variable.)
- Report and interpret the 4 firm concentration ratio, the 8 firm concentration ratio and the Herfindahl Hirschman Index for the industry.
- Explain the importance of competition among firms.
- Explain whether the competitive environment in this industry benefits society or not.
- Is a high degree of market concentration a boon or threat to consumers? Explain. Use either the allocative efficiency or dynamic efficiency arguments.
- Can the oligopoly market structure benefit both consumers and businesses by forging common standards in industries that experience rapid technological change?
Write a 5-8 page paper that contains the information presented in your group discussion boards. Concentration ratios and descriptive statistics for various industries are available at the Census Bureauâ€™s economic census web site:
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more