HSM 340 Final Exam – DeVry
HSM 340 Week 8 Final Exam
(HSM 340 Health Services Finance- DeVry)
1. Question: (TCO 4) When would it make sense to use a flexible budget as compared to a forecast budget?
2. Question: (TCO 7) Explain the difference between a horizontal merger and a vertical merger.
3. Question: (TCO 1) Describe the Outpatient Code Editor.
4. Question: (TCO 1) What is the primary provision of the EMTALA.
5. Question: (TCO 3) Use the following data to calculate the variances in problem. data Your hospital has been approached by a major HMO to perform all their MS-DRG 470 cases (major joint procedures). They have offered a flat price of $10,000 per case. You have reviewed your charges for MS-DRG 470 during the last year and found the following profile: The HMO in the above example has indicated that their doctors use less expensive joint implants. If this less expensive implant is used, your medical supply charges would be reduced by $2,000. What is the estimated reduction in variable cost?
6. Question: (TCO 2)Explain the difference between the accrual basis of accounting and the cash basis of accounting.?
7. Question: (TCO 2) What are the double-entry accounting system and the duality concept? How are they related?
8. Question: (TCO 5) Define an annuity.
9. Question : (TCO 5) What avenues are available for for-profit healthcare providers to increase their equity position?
10. Question: (TCO 6) Describe the two major components of a working capital management strategy?
11. Question: (TCO 6) What is the general rule of thumb about when to borrow long-term or short-term?
12. Question: (TCO 5) How should the interest rate and n periods of compounding be modified if compounding for less than one year?
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more