Human Existence Essay
1. The origins of the majority of human existence in North America began with migrations from Eurasia over the Bering Strait.
2. The first truly complex society in the Americas was that of the Olmec.
3. Cahokia was a large trading center located near what present-day city? St. Louis.
4. The agricultural practices of pre-Columbian tribes in the Northeast were characterized by a rapid exploitation of the land.
5. The preeminent European maritime power in the fifteenth century was Portugal.
6. Christopher Columbus thought the world was much smaller than it was in reality.
7. Amerigo Vespucci helped popularize the idea that the Americas were new continents.
8. What European explorer gave the Pacific Ocean its name?
9. Encomienda was the right to exact tribute and labor from natives.
10. The first permanent Spanish settlement in what is now the United States was St. Augustine.
11. In what way did sixteenth-century Europeans benefit from trade between the Americas and Europe? A large number of new crops became available in Europe.
12. Which of the following was NOT introduced by Europeans to the New World? Corn.
13. The portion of west Africa that provided the majority of slaves for the Spanish Empire of the sixteenth century had well-developed economies and political systems. 14. African and American Indian societies tended to be matrilineal, which means that people traced their heredity through their mothers.
15. In the fifteenth century, slavery in Africa generally allowed certain legal protections to the enslaved.
16. The European countries that controlled the African slave trade did so in which chronological order, from earliest to latest? the Portuguese, the Dutch, the English
17. What condition in England in the sixteenth century provided an incentive for colonization? The availability of farmland was declining, while the population was growing.
18. In what way were Martin Luther and John Calvin important to English Puritans? Luther and Calvin advocated ideas of religious reform that influenced Puritan thought.
19. The teachings of John Calvin produced a strong desire among his followers to lead lives that were virtuous.
20. The English Reformation resulted from a political dispute between King Henry VIII and the Catholic Church.
21. The English concluded from their colonial experiences in Ireland that English colonists should maintain a rigid separation from the indigenous population.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more