Internship Report of Accounting Essay
1. Introduction During April 12th and April 30th, I served as an intern for ZhiqinCertified Public Accountants CO., LTD. Foshan City, ZhiqinCertified Public Accountants Co., Ltd. is officially registered, a certified public accountant firm, in 1990, a period approved by Guangdong Provincial Department of Finance was established in 2000 began operating a limited company, a practicing certificate number is 44060005, assets assessment Certificate No. 440 200 756. Since its establishment, it keeps adhering to the purpose of “legal, independent, objective, impartial, rigorous and realistic, enthusiastic service”, adhering to the principle of “Law as the yardstick to the quality of life, reputation and development, customer supreme”, playing an active role in accounting firm’s certification and protecting the client and the legitimate interests of all parties concerned.
“Zhiqin,” adheres to the people-oriented management thinking and focuses on high-quality personnel training and absorption of existing professionals. Nearly 60 people accounts for more than 60% of the total number of employees, including accounting, financial, construction of high or intermediate professional titles.
There is a strong group of both professional knowledge and practical experience of high-quality personnel, including 15 certified public accountants, 7 certified public valuers, 9 registration cost engineer, 5 registered real estate valuers, 11 certified tax agents, and 5 senior engineers. These people all received financial, accounting, tax and other training, had a good theoretical basis for professional, proficient in corporate accounting, accounting, auditing, assets evaluation, tax and consulting businesses. Over the years, this company’s size and business income ranked first in the same industry of Foshan region.
2. Goals and Objectives Accounting is a highly applied discipline, an important economic management, strengthening economic management, an important means of improving economic efficiency. Economic management can not do without accounting, the more the economy becomes the more important to the development of accounting. Through self-study, I have basically mastered the basics of the accounting profession, the basic theory, basic methods and structure of the system. To put these theories in onto practical application, I hope that I can train them in practice, test myself, acquire knowledge, and make up my shortcomings. In order to really understand what is now needed to accountant’s society, I need to practice in life. To integrate theory with practice, I can understand the society in practice, consolidate knowledge in practice and broaden my horizons. It is helpful to increase my knowledge and lay a good foundation for my future work.
3. The Organization and my Work in it I was sent to Audit Department as an assistant to Mr. Ye in first day of early morning. Everything to me was new. I didn’t know what could I help Mr. Ye. I was just asked to read the company’s reports, listen to the company circumstances, mainly from the company’s history, agency staffing, operating business and the current operating conditions. Finally, he told me our major tasks during the internship clearly, and put forward relevant requirements and expectations, encouraged everyone in the new environment seriously study and work hard, strive to be harvested during the internship.
Later, I learned to read and understand the meaning of the number in Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Cash Flow Statement. My main job is to check the accounting documents. Accounting documents is the most important and one of the most basic accounting information, and most wrong points are reflected in the accounting documents. Therefore, in order to ensure audit quality and avoid audit risks, the number of random accounting documents should reach a certain proportion.
4. The Gap between the Experience and my Expectations As the first day, I had nothing to do. Looking at the company’s other employees, I felt a little disappointed. Because I did no business, only to see some information sent by other companies and kept looking at vouchers and account documents. At first, I thought that checking was an easy job and meaningless. Because it was quite dull. Every page was the same. But later, I found my idea was wrong. Once, Mr. Ye asked me some questions about my checking papers. I felt embarrassed that I copied the wrong numbers. If I had thought twice, I could have realized the point.
Copying mechanically, I lose my mind. Mr. Ye told me that reviewing of accounting documents, first we should have to pay attention to the abstract of the certificate and person in charge of handling acceptance and signature. If necessary, we have to compare and check the handwriting between the principal and person in charge of handling acceptance and signature so that we can found the questionable points. Then to seriously examine if the original invoice, invoice analysis unit is consistent with the contents of claims, invoices, time and get the names, quantity, unit price, the price of payment, etc.
Third is to require auditors to have a strong expertise and proficiency in relevant policies and regulations, also need to be patient, careful, professional and full of sensitivity and judgment so that we can discover, analyze and solve the problem. After having this lesson, I paid more attention to the accounting documents. What’s more, I use the free time to go through a number of accounting policies and regulations.
These are often used in the future work. As we became familiar with the principles and methods of sample documents, we independently checked the work of the project and decided to sample the views of the signing of audit testing. As our business contacts were relatively simple, we also participated in the reconciliation process of the balance sheet. The data will be integrated with the customer after the reunification of reports contrast. These were odd jobs, but I really learned a lot – many seemingly simple questions, in deed, I accumulated a lot of experience in the settlement process.
5. New Skills and Information Gained Three days later, I went out with Mr. Ye to a taxi company to do the audit. This company funds were great, just a couple of hundred a taxi that had tens of millions of fixed assets, while some of the rent of urban areas had more than trivial. It could be regarded as large enterprises. This was my first time to contact with the papers by myself, fresh and great. The first two days, in the office I saw a lot of papers, but not always got their own, and did not have much feeling. Today I was sitting beside Mr. Ye, and he taught me at the beginning of filling in the form of cash and bank approval. Then Mr. Ye got fixed assets, accounting receivable, prepaid expenses and other examination tables.
Looking at him in the side of computing, I generally understood the process of auditing. For some enormous amounts, we need the sample vouchers to check the bills. Later, he asked me to copy those drivers and the agreement signed. Unfortunately, however, because I need to copy too much paper, I did not have enough time to look at the full operating process. Completing the annual audit services, I assisted to complete the follow-up field work, finish a worksheet, and sort audit reports. In fact, the industry is mainly rental income and trading cards of this intangible asset. Finally, I filled out the intangible assets tables and accrued expenses tables, as well as some trivial work of copying tax returns and so on.
6. Difficulties Encountered Because my major was not auditing, I knew nothing about this job. In other words, I lacked of ability to help my colleagues when I went to the office in the first day. I did not know the process of preparing the audit reports, even the accounting profession proper nouns. What’s more, accounting has always been tedious work. During the internship period, I felt breathless, and I thought I had touched the peek of the patience. Auditor has to meet the number every day, count the tables every moment, and think the process every second. The most important lesson I got from internship was that the more mistakes we made, the more annoying we would become, the more annoying we felt, and the more wrong we would do. In fact, auditing was not complex work, and what we really need was patience. Therefore, I encountered no difficulties save professional knowledge.
7. My Shortcomings Realized as an auditor must possess the personal qualities, I should have the operational capacity and physical, so as to better adapt to such an important job. As staff could see many firms’ accounts books in the audit practice, I should be responsible for the authenticity, integrity, and legality of each accounting record. I thought I was a patience person, so I was not bored by the enormous amount. Professional knowledge is essential, more importantly, there are interpersonal communication skills. However, due to my calm and introverted disposition, I rarely share my thoughts in the public or before the strangers. For instant, I encountered some professional difficulties in my internship, and I just dared to ask Mr. Ye or even-aged intern. It made me felt embarrassed when I asked the experienced person. So, I will try my best to overcome this problem in my last college life.
8. Influence on my Future Study In this few weeks, I basically went through a complete audit process. Before I went to the company, I felt quite excited and nervous. I knew little about accounting. However, after I learned the audit process from my senior sister apprentice carefully, I didn’t think it was a hard job. Even thought it was a job that full of trivial details and made me crazy, it was interesting and challengeable. When I had questions, I would put forward directly to Mr. Ye. April was a busy month for this company, and most accountants had to go out for auditing everyday.
The first impression of auditing in my mind was that accountants were busy accounting. In fact, auditing was not only equal to dealing with the numbers simple, but also analyzing the annual report. It would reveal the structure of the company’s assets and its distribution, reveal the source of the company’s assets and its composition, and help to evaluate the profitability of the company. The contrast of the number was help to investors’ comparison of the dynamic balance, further analysis of company management and the development prospects and stamina.
According to the Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Cash Flow Statement, we could know the business performance of company and find out the problem of financial revenue and expenditure basing on the accounting principle. During the period of internship, I made some new friends and learned table manners. Internship was over. In short, in this half a month’s time I learned a lot that textbooks can not tell us, and also I saw my own strengths and weaknesses. My future work would benefit from this internship experience!
9. Suggestions for Teachers To be a successful auditor, I think teachers in my major now could not provide enough professional knowledge about auditing for me. So, I did not have many suggestions for my dear teachers. But, if possible, I hope that my teachers could introduce some friends who were working as an auditor to me. In order to know more about this job, I am eager to learn more from the experienced auditors. Thank you.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more