JOURNAL ARTICLE REVIEW
Journal Article Review Instructions
You will write 2 Journal Article Reviews (one each in Modules/Weeks 1 and 5), which will be based upon your choices from the professional, peer-reviewed journalarticles provided. No outside articles will be accepted. Each Journal Article Summary must be 3â€“5 double-spacedpages (not including the title and reference pages) and created in a Microsoft Word document. Use the following guidelines to create your paper:
- Provide an APA-style title page including your name, the paper title (referring to the article title), and the institutional affiliation (Liberty University). Keep in mind that current APA recommends the title length not to exceed 12 words. Use the running head in the appropriate place and a page number on every page. Divide your summary into sections with the following Level 1 headings: Summary, Reflection, and Application (review the APA Manual for guidance if needed).
- Develop a 1-page summary of the article in your own words. Do not copy and paste from the journal articleâ€”this is plagiarism! Provide a brief description of the topic under consideration in the article. If the article describes a research study, include brief statements about the hypotheses, methods, results, discussion, and implications. If any test measures or statistical methods used are given in the article, do not provide detailed descriptions of these. Short direct quotations from the article are acceptable, but they may not be more than 1â€“2 sentences each and must be properly cited. This section is the foundation of your Journal Article Review (at least a third of your paper). Make sure you include the core points from the article, even if it means a longer section. Do not reference any additional articles in your summary.
- In your own words, reflect (in 1 page) on the article. Appropriate comments for this part of the paper could include, but are not limited to, your initial response to the article, comments (in your own words) regarding the study’s design or methodology (if any), insights you gained from reading the article, your reasons for being interested in this particular article, any other readings that you may plan to do based upon having read the article, and other thoughts you have that might further enhance the discussion of your article. This section should constitute approximately a third of your Journal Article Review. Again, do not reference any other article.
- In your final section, write in 1 page how you would apply the information you have learned to a potential counseling setting. This could be in a church or clinical session. Develop this section as if you are a pastor or clinician and your parishioner or client has come to you with a problem, needing your help. You may want to pick one of the following â€œnormalâ€ problems for this section: depression, grief, substance abuse, spousal infidelity, unforgiveness, etc.
- Provide the complete reference citation for the article being summarized on a reference page in compliance with current APA standards. Be aware of how and when you use periods, spacing, italics, use or non-use of issue number, etc. Do not copy and paste the reference from an electronic source.
Will have to send journal article in seperate document
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more