LASA 1: Reporting Requirements
Dewey, Wright, and Moore have just been approached by a new client, AV Imports and Exports, a company that trades goods with various countries. You are in charge of an audit engagement.
AV Imports and Exports is a publicly traded company that does several billions of dollars of business every year. As partner at Dewey, Wright, and Moore, you understand the ramifications of the audit of a company of this size. Regulation is stringent, and the impact on the firm, as well as on the society, can be substantial if the audit fails.
As you have interns and first year staff assisting you with this audit, it is important that they are educated on the risk, the regulation that governs the audit, as well as both the client and firm conducting the audit. The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) are the major regulators of concern. To educate your staff on regulation and importance of conducting the audit properly, you instruct them to do the following exercise.
Visit the PCAOB Web site (http://www.pcaobus.org/) and the U.S. SEC Web site (http://www.sec.gov/). Review the reporting requirements for publicly traded companies, including Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements. Analyze the impact of the reporting requirements on the auditing profession.
In an 8-10 page paper, respond to the following:
- Explain how PCAOB and SEC have benefited the investor.
- Evaluate whether more regulation is required.
- Use the Argosy University online library resources to locate a case covering a CPA firm or public accounting firm involved in an audit failure. Explain whether or not you feel professional standards were appropriately applied in this case. Present the information in such a way that your staff can understand the significance of always maintaining the highest in professional standards.
- The overall risk assessment is now complete. As a part of planning the audit, you need to select an appropriate audit strategy for obtaining sufficient evidence for each significant financial statement assertion. The strategies are based on the interrelationships among evidence, materiality, and the components of audit risk.
Define the term preliminary audit strategy.
- Summarize information about preliminary audit strategy from scholarly sources and cite the sources.
- Describe the components that should be specified in developing a preliminary audit strategy for your client and explain how the strategy relates to the audit risk model.
Give reasons for your assertions and format your paper in APA. You should have at least 6 outside sources in addition to your textbook and websites given above.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more