LASA: Understanding 401(k) and IRAs
Assignment 1: LASA: Understanding 401(k) and IRAs
For this assignment, you will prepare a PowerPoint presentation evaluating and explaining the 401(k) and Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) at a local community center, where you have been invited to speak. The audience will be a group of people who already work for companies that provide a 401(k) plan, so they are familiar with the basic concepts. The goal of the presentation is to explain to the audience the differences between the 401(k) and IRAs. Include the following:
- Explain which account would earn more money for the investor: a traditional IRA or a Roth IRA. Support your statements with reasons and examples.
- Describe how people can identify their federal tax brackets.
- Use the following hypothetical questions/situations to explain the retirement plans in further detail.
- If you were to invest $3,500 in traditional IRA and a Roth IRA, after making adjustments for possible tax deductions, what would your net contribution be for both the traditional and Roth IRA? Explain any differences your research shows.
- Once the traditional IRA or Roth IRA is established, you decide to invest the proceeds in a mutual fund. Identify the type of mutual fund you would select. Examples include stocks, bonds, or a balanced mutual fund. Using the Internet, research and select a specific mutual fund that meets your desired risk tolerance. You can use examples of mutual fund companies such as Oppenheimer and Franklin Templeton. Be sure to justify your selection.
- Based on the average annual return on the mutual fund selected, you invest $3,500 for thirty years without withdrawing any of the proceeds. How large would the balance be at the end of thirty years? Include your calculations in your presentation.
- To avoid the process of probate, and ensure that the balance in this fund transfers upon death to a person of your choice, explain how this account should be set up to ensure a prompt and direct transfer.
- As an employee of an organization, you may have access to invest in a 401(k) plan. Explain what a 401(k) plan is as well as its benefits. When one has the option to utilize a 401(k) from an employer, explain what restrictions are in place to limit 401(k) contribution?
Support your statements with examples and scholarly references. Remember to include detailed speakersâ€™ notes to include additional remarks that could be used as a script when presenting to a live audience. Develop an 8â€“10-slide presentation in PowerPoint format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M5_A1.ppt.
By Monday, September 28, 2015, deliver your assignment to the M5: Assignment 1 Dropbox.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more