design a case-based learning solution for non-learning leaders wanting to understand learning theory.
- Intended Audience: any leader who wants to understand the role of learning in their organization and who does not have a background in learning theory or instructional design
- Technology Level: the solution needs to have simple low-tech elements to it such that a leader without a computer could complete the course as easily as one with a computer.
- Demonstrates design theory and practice: the solution must not only cover content about learning theory and design but must demonstrate effective application of learning theory and practice.
- Tools: MS Word and PowerPoint will be sufficient for most designs and deliverables but should not be considered to be the only tools that may be used.
- Outcomes: the desired level of competency for your audience is that they â€œcan justify learning solutions for development of their people and their business.â€ You will need to break this down into more precise sub-components. Differences between how each person in class breaks down the outcomes will be part of what gives each personâ€™s solution uniqueness.
- Length: the solutionâ€™s length is not defined for you other than to say that, for leaders, the more concise a learning solution is, the more likely they are to attend and participate long enough to actually learn something.
- Deliverables: the required deliverables will be a design document (example design template is provided in Module 1, but is not required) and examples of materials proposed in the design. You do not need to have the materials developed out to a final version. However, you need a sampling that gives a clear picture of how you would deploy this class. If your design includes a participant manual and an instructor manual, then you need a chapter of each. If your design includes slides for an instructor to use in delivering lesson content, then you need enough examples of those slides to be able to â€œseeâ€ and â€œexperienceâ€ the learning. If you expect to provide a handout or job aid, then mock one up for submission.
Need help with writing Learning Solution?Get help