100% original and reading use, rubric included
Assignment 2: External Environmental Scan
In order to develop effective strategies, it is critical to understand the marketplace environment. In this assignment, you will explore the relationship between marketplace positioning based on environmental factors.
Throughout this course, you will work on a strategy audit for a selected organization. In Module 1, you selected an organization for your course project activities and completed a market position analysis for your organization.
In this module, you will conduct a comprehensive external environmental scan of your business unit, including a five forces analysis, to identify the relevant trends that pose opportunities or threats to your business. These will serve as inputs for a final strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) analysis that will be due in Module 4: Assignment 2.
There are many elements that can go into an environmental scan, and your analysis will depend on the nature of your business unit, product portfolio, target market, and other factors related to the scope of your business.
Your environmental scan should include some or all of the following elements:
- Economic factors and trends
- Political factors and trends
- Regulatory and legal factors and trends
- Societal factors and trends
- Technological factors and trends
- Geographic factors and trends
- Porterâ€™s five forces that consists of the following aspects:
- Threat of new competition
- Threat of substitute products or services
- Bargaining power of customers (buyers)
- Bargaining power of suppliers
- Intensity of competitive/industry rivalry
Although your analysis will be tailored to your specific business, be sure to cover the following:
- A thorough five forces analysis of your industry
- The key factors and trends in any other areas affecting your industry
- A preliminary classification of the external factors and trends as either opportunities or threats which will be the inputs for the final SWOT analysis
Write a 3-page report in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M2_A2.doc.
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria||
Conduct a five forces analysis of your industry.
Summarize the key factors and trends in any other areas affecting your industry.
Create a preliminary classification of the external factors and trends as either opportunities or threats (inputs into a SWOT analysis).
Write using ethical scholarship and proper grammar and mechanics.
- Efendioglu, A., & Karabulut, A. (2010). Impact of strategic planning on financial performance of companies in Turkey. International Journal of Business and Management, 5(4), 3â€“12. (ProQuest Document ID: 821297217) http://search.proquest.com.libproxy.edmc.edu/docview/821297217
- Heiba, F. (2011). Future global marketing negotiations: A strategic scenario. International Journal of Business and Social Science, 2(4). (ProQuest Document ID: 904523887)http://search.proquest.com.libproxy.edmc.edu/docview/904523887/
- Porter, M. (1996). What is strategy? Harvard Business Review 74(6), 61â€“68. (EBSCO AN: 9611187954) http://libproxy.edmc.edu/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/
- Schmelz, D. R., Ramsey, R. P., & Gassenheimer, J. B. (2011). Bleu Ribbon Chocolates: How can small businesses adapt to a changing environment? Marketing Education Review, 21(2), 177â€“182. doi:10.2753/MER1052-8008210207 (EBSCO AN: 63968062)
- Deverell, E., & Olsson, E. (2010). Organizational culture effects on strategy and adaptability in crisis management. Risk Management, 12(2), 116â€“134. doi: 10.1057/rm.2009.18 (ProQuest Document ID: 232626553) http://search.proquest.com.libproxy.edmc.edu/docview/232626553?accountid=34899
- JÃ¼ttner, U., Martin, C., & Godsell, J. (2010). A strategic framework for integrating marketing and supply chain strategies. International Journal of Logistics Management, 21(1), 104â€“126. doi: 10.1108/09574091011042205 (ProQuest Document ID: 367098166)http://search.proquest.com.libproxy.edmc.edu/docview/367098166?accountid=34899
- Peterson, M., GrÃ¶ne, F., Kammer, K., & Kirscheneder, J. (2010). Multi-channel customer management: Delighting consumers, driving efficiency. Journal of Direct, Data and Digital Marketing Practice, 12(1), 10â€“15. doi: 10.1057/dddmp.2010.16. (ProQuest Document ID: 740324599) http://search.proquest.com.libproxy.edmc.edu/docview/740324599?accountid=34899
- Raja, I. S., & Raja, M. S. (2010). Managing technological innovation: China’s strategy and challenges. Journal of Technology Management in China, 5(3), 213â€“226. doi: 10.1108/17468771011086238 (ProQuest Document ID:757059093)http://search.proquest.com.libproxy.edmc.edu/docview/757059093/
Tomomi, T. (2010). Environmental management strategy for small and medium-sized enterprises: Why do SMBs practice environmental management? Asian Business & Management, 9(2), 265â€“280. doi: 10.1057/abm.2010.6 (ProQuest Document ID:
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more