This assignment was designed to prompt the student to visit an actual art museum and identify the concepts of medium, content or subject matter, style and formal elements in actual works of art.
1. Visit an art museum in person and submit proof of attendance at the museum you choose. For a list of area museums, please see the Sources of Museum Visit folder below. If you live outside the Washington, DC Metro area, please contact your instructor for approval or ideas for museum visits.
2. You will then write a minimum of a 3-page paper on THREE art works from the museum you visit.
3. Your paper must include proper identification of each of the three art works; a discussion of:
- the style/movement each work fits into and explanation
- a discussion of 2-3 formal elements related to each work you discuss
4. Your paper must also include an introduction and a conclusion, a heading and proper grammar/spelling/sentence structure. Please use the “Art 100 Museum Paper Grading Rubric” (attached above) as a checklist as you write your paper to ensure that ALL required information is included in each section of your paper.
5. Check out the main menu buttons labeled “Reference Links” and “Weblinks” for help with writing your paper.
6. Save your file and submit your paper using the Submit Your Museum Paper below
I will attach a rubric.
Please only do this if you know any art muesuem in Virginia,Woodbidge.
Need help with writing Museum paper?Get help