phyllis young LOG Case 3
Logistics and Politics
Trade restrictions affect logistics firms directly. In many cases, the firms are not only complying with government policy, but working as de facto government agents; distributing forms, collecting fees in advance, and so forth. A logistician cannot avoid making difficult decisions about these issues.
The bare-bones options are as follows:
- Comply, by
- Helping block restricted trade.
- Trying to make controlled trade as cheap and painless as possible for everyone
- Circumvent restrictions by
- Using legal channels, such as transshipment through a third country
- Using questionable procedures, such as shell companies
- Ignoring restrictions, and hoping for the best.
These decisions arenâ€™t straightforward. Consider two extreme cases.
- A shadowy company tells you, quite candidly, that it wants you to help them send Stinger anti-aircraft missiles to the so-called Islamic State, and will pay you a fortune in exchange for running the risk of hard time in a Federal prison. Are you even tempted?
- Pfizer Pharmaceuticals and the Gates Foundation want your help in getting critically needed drugs to victims of an epidemic. The epidemic is located in a war-torn corner of Africa. The local militia chieftains, who are the closest thing to a national government, are demanding massive bribes, plus carte blanche to give the drugs only to the people who support them. The UN is helpless. Assuming you have contacts and assets in Africa, do you assist?
Please discuss the issues involved in how an international logistics company deals with trade restrictions. Make full use of sources.
- Write a well-constructed essay. Feel free to use tables and bulleted lists, if appropriate.
- The readings may not provide specific answers. In that event, will need to â€œfill in the gaps,â€ using your understanding of the material presented in the Module, and the background sources.
- Style and format must comply with the Writing Style Guide. (TUI Guide, n.d.) This is not an English course; however, errors in spelling, grammar and style will be penalized.
- Provide citations and references. Use of APA style is encouraged, but not required. Please see the TUI Writing Guide, or visit the Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL, 2015).
- There is no page requirement. Write what you need to write, neither more nor less.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more