PHYSICS…Heat and Thermodynamics .5ca.
1. How much energy (in kcal ) is required to raise the temperature of 1 L of water from 20 to 100C, and then turn it to steam at 100C?
2. A 2 kg rod of aluminum (c = 0.9 kJ/kg-C) at 90C is dropped into 10 L of water at 10C. What is the final temperature of the mixture?
3. A 0.2 kg block of an unknown metal at 50C is immersed in 1L of water at 4C. The equilibrium temperature of the mixture is 35C. What is the specific heat of the metal, in kcal/kg-C ?
4. A liter of gas, initially at a pressure of 500Pa, is compressed from 1.00 L to 0.25 L. During the compression process, heat is dissipated to maintain a constant temperature. What is the final pressure?
5. A radioisotope thermoelectric generator (RTG) generates electricity by absorbing heat from a core containing a radioactive material (plutonium 238 is typical) and discharging it into the environment. An RTG installed on an unmanned sonobuoy, tethered to the ocean floor, has a core temperature of 150 C, and discharges heat into sea water at 10 C. What is its theoretical efficiency?
6. laboratory receives a sample of a metallic alloy composed of aluminum and magnesium. The sample is a solid cylinder with a diameter of 2 cm and a length of 5 cm. Its mass is 15.70 g. What is its density? What is its specific gravity?
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more