Please read before sending handshake :) Merger and Aquisition
Merger and Acquisition
Throughout this course, you will review scenarios involving Company A, which has been acquired by Company B. Company A was founded in 1956 in Mobile, Alabama. The average age of its workforce is 57 and it is comprised of 40% Caucasian and 85% male. Company B was founded in 1997 in San Francisco, California. The average age of its workforce is 35 and it is comprised of 45% Caucasian and 50% male.
These two companies have been staunch competitors in the marketplace for several years and the employees of Company A are resentful of integrating with their former rival. There are many strategic and ethical challenges involved in this acquisition. A few of the goals of the acquisition project are listed below:
- Managing the Communication and Information Sharing:
- The company wants to keep employees informed of how the acquisition will impact them.
- The company wants to be sure that they provide enough information to satisfy the employees, but not provide so much that the employees feel overwhelmed.
- The company wants to be sure that the timing of the communication matches their execution of the changes within the two organizations.
- Managing the Consolidation and Changes:
- There is no doubt that there will be layoffs as a result of the acquisition. The company wants to do what is best for the acquisition in a way that inflicts the least amount of harm to the existing employees.
- The company wants to make the decisions about who to layoff in the fairest way possible.
- The company wants to try and limit exposure to potential discrimination (age and gender) stemming from the layoffs.
- Managing the Relocations of Some the Employees:
- Another impact of acquisitions is that employees may be asked to relocate in order to maintain employment in the newly formed organization.
- The company wants to manage the expenses and potential disruption with the relocations.
- The company wants to assess relocations verses hiring new employees locally.
Let us look at the role and responsibilities of HR managers regarding managing the companyâ€™s goals related to the recent acquisition.
You have a wide variety of employees encompassing different ages, genders, and ethnic backgrounds represented in these two companies. As a Strategic HR Director, your goal is to create a workforce that will effectively move the newly formed company forward.
Now, address the following issues:
- Identify all of the information you would need to effectively manage the three goals above.
- Identify the challenges and potential issues related to implementing the three goals above.
- Develop recommendations for strategies to address these challenges and help the newly formed company meet its goals.
Write a five-to-seven-page report in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M1_A3.doc. For example, if your name is John Smith, your document will be named SmithJ_M1_A3.doc.
By Wednesday, December 18, 2013, deliver your assignment to the M1: Assignment 3 Dropbox.
|Assignment 3 Grading Criteria||
Identified appropriate and comprehensive information to understand potential HR issues involved in mergers.
Identified and analyzed appropriate and specific challenges in staffing the acquisition. Analysis drew logical conclusions and made assumptions relevant to the employeesâ€™ and managementâ€™s perspectives.
Provided detailed recommendations that are realistic, feasible, and directly related to the organizationâ€™s goals.
Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more