Porter 5 forces for JetBlue Airway Essay
Potential Competitors: Low
– Rivalry among existing firms is intense, which affect the profits to be low. It¡¦s unattractive to the potential competitors.
– High initial investments and fixed costs such as lease a fleet of safe and reliable aircraft, negotiate reasonable gate access and landing fees as well as high labor and fuel costs.
– There are the price competitions in the airline industry, which some major airlines offer the low-price fares that is very difficult for new entrants to gain enough profit to cover the investment and fix cost in this industry.
Rivalry among Existing Firms: High
– Currently, there are many major airlines such as Delta, United and American that exist in the same market as Jet Blue.
Those airline companies have used similar strategies as JetBlue. United and American Airline flies to the same cities as Jet Blue and appeal to the business travelers who have the least sensitivity on price.
– Airline industry is extremely sensitive to economic cycles. Mature industry life cycle.
The Bargaining Power of Buyers: Medium to High
– Internet gives the power to the customers to search for the low fares.
– Leisure travelers who are not sensitive with the price and most of them are loyalty to the particular industry that offer the best service and offer the best flying experience.
– There are many airlines in the market that offers the same flying experience in the low-price.
Bargaining Power of Suppliers: High
– Boeing and Airbus are the only two suppliers of new aircraft for commercial passenger airlines. This allows them to have power of suppliers in the airline industry.
– Airline workers are unionized, which let them have power of labor supply.
– OPEC countries have the significant impact for airline industry. The reason is that the fuel is another substantial input cost for airlines, ranging from about 8% to 10% of revenues. Currently, the fuel for the aircraft are rising then the affect from oil price increasing push some airline companies to loss revenue in year 2005 such as Delta and Jet Blue.
Substitute Products: Medium
– For short flight, the substitute could be the automobile.
– Faxes, teleconferencing and videoconferencing can substitute traveling by plane for business travelers.
– Switching cost for customers from airplane to automobile and other technologies save the money for a lot of travelers.
Relative Power of Other Stakeholders
– Internal Revenue Service has just published the mileage deduction rate for 2006. It is 44.5 cents a mile. That’s down from 48.5 cents a mile for the last four months of 2005, which reflected a special adjustment for rising gasoline prices;
– Long Beach communities files charges against airlines for noise violations.
– Customers file against Jet Blue for showing the passengers data to the third party.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more