Practice Online Research
Course outcome addressed in this Assignment:
Cite primary and secondary legal sources using the legal Bluebook.
GEL-6.5: Use electronic libraries/databases for research purposes.
Watch the tutorials available at the link below before completing the Assignment:
Source: Westlaw Campus Research Tutorials. Retrieved fromhttp://training.westlaw.com/.
- After viewing the tutorials on finding a case in Westlaw, please locate the following legal sources. Give the properBluebook citation for the source and also one paragraph summary of its contents:
- Case: 393 U.S. 503 [the case came out in 1969]
- Case: 655 S.E.2d 232
- Statute: 29 U.S.C. Â§621
- Statute: Minn. Stat. Â§169.20
- Please provide a working link to state legal resources from your state. Most states put all their laws on their state webpage. For example, Indianaâ€™s webpage is Ind.gov.
Your state constitution
Your state statutes
Your state administrative regulations
Your state court opinions
- Samantha Smith came into your office. She was shopping at a local grocery store a few months ago and had an accident. While she was in the aisle with shower items she slipped and fell on some shampoo that had leaked out of one of the bottles. Samantha had to be taken to the hospital. She was diagnosed with a broken hip and had to spend the night in the hospital. She will also have to go through many months of physical therapy. Samantha has no healthcare insurance and is a young single mother to a 2 year old son. The store says that they were not aware of the spill of the shampoo. The store said that an employee checks the aisles for anything on the floors at the top of the hour. The day Samantha fell, the employee in charge of the aisle inspection was an older gentleman with glasses. The shampoo on the floor was a clear gel. She fell about 1:30 p.m. The store log says an inspection was last done at 12:45 p.m. The accident happened in a store in Indiana. Please provide the following information:
- How would you conduct a search for this problem?
- Conduct a search on Westlaw. Provide one source that your search yielded.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more