Project 3 instructions
Based on Larson & Farber: sections 6.1â€“6.3
Go to this website. Click the link on the right that says, â€œDownload to Spreadsheet.â€ Set the date range to end on the first day (Tuesday) of Module/Week 5 and going back exactly 1 year. Assume that the closing prices of the stock form a normally distributed data set. Do not manually count values in the data set, but use the ideas found in sections 5.2â€“5.3. Answer the following:
1. If a person bought 1 share of Google stock within the last year, what is the probability that the stock on that day closed at less than the mean for that year?
2. If a person bought 1 share of Google stock within the last year, what is the probability that the stock on that day closed at more than $500?
3. If a person bought 1 share of Google stock within the last year, what is the probability that the stock on that day closed within $45 of the mean for that year?
4. Suppose a person within the last year claimed to have bought Google stock at closing at $400 per share. Would such a price be considered unusual? Explain.
5. At what price would Google have to close at in order for it to be considered statistically unusual? You should have a low and high value.
6. What are Q1, Q2, and Q3 in this data set?
7. Is the assumption that was made at the beginning valid? Why or why not?
Submit your work through the assignment link by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Monday of Module/Week 5.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more