Psy 335 Week 4 Experimental Designs Worksheet Fill In The Blank
PSY 335 Week 4 Experimental Designs Worksheet
Fill in the Blank
1. ___________ group receives treatment in an experimental design.
2. ___________ group does not receive treatment in an experimental design.
3. A ______ _____ design has many observations on a single case or a few subjects.
4. When separate groups of subjects receive different levels of the independent variable, this is referred to as _____________ design.
5. When all subjects receive all levels of the independent variable, this is referred to as _________design.
6. When the researcher measures a behavior that needs to be changed and then applies therapy and measures the behavior again, this is referred to as _____________ design.
7. When the researcher measures a behavior that needs to be changed, applies therapy and measures the behavior again, and then removes the treatment and measures the behavior again, this is referred to as ______________ design.
8. When the criterion outcome changes over time this is referred to as ___ ____________ design.
9. When measuring several behaviors or several people with baseline periods of varying lengths and an independent variable occurs, this is referred to as a ____ _________ design.
10. When subjects are not randomly assigned and not all variables are under the control of the presenter, this is referred to as ______________ design.
A. Multiple Baseline B. Small n C. AB
D. Control E. Experimental F. ABA
G. Between Subject H. Quasi-Experimental I. Changing Criterion
J. Within Subject
Read the following scenarios and match each scenario with the correct type of experimental design.
1. ______ Two classes of children are studied regarding the effects of a new teaching method in science. One group received the new method of instruction, while the other group uses the standard, traditional method of instruction. Both classes are measures for achievement before and after the teaching methods.
2. _____ Divide your subjects in half. One group receives one treatment of the independent variable and the other group receives a different treatment of the independent variable. Subjects were all told they were going to see a video of a therapist’s session after which they would rate the quality of the session. The groups differed in that the subjects in one group were told that prior evaluations indicated that the therapist was effective whereas subjects in the other group were told that the evaluations indicated the therapist was not effective. These different subjects were used for the two levels of the independent variable: subjects were in either the “effective therapist” or the “ineffective therapist” condition.
3. __________ All subjects perform at all levels of the independent variable. Subjects diagnosed as having attention deficit disorder were each tested on a concentration task after receiving medication. All subjects were tested four times, once after receiving one of the four doses. Each subject was tested under eachof the four levels of the independent variable-dose of medication.
4. ________ A small group is measured for the amount of anxiety they experience in math class (baseline). They are taught a relaxation method and measured again to measure anxiety in math class.
5. ________ To study verbal commands in canines, during week 1 the baseline is recorded for how many times a dog chased a cat. During week 2, dog was verbally scolded (treatment) when the dog chased the cat, and the chasing behavior was recorded. During week 3, the chasing behavior was recorded without the verbal scolding (treatment).
A. Between-Subjects Design B. AB Design C. Quasi-Experimental Design
D. ABA Design E. Within-Subjects Design
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more