Psy 380 Week 5 Project 2 Module Estimation
PSY 380 Week 5 Project 2 Module 5
Estimation and Hypothesis Testing for One Sample
Complete Project 2 as specified in the attached resource.
Submit the assignment in one of these two forms:
1. Handwritten and scanned, inserted into a single Word document.
2. Typed as a Word document. Necessary drawings can come from Paint or any other appropriate source, but must be inserted in the Word document.
Show all work to receive full credit:
Does familiarity with neighbors lead to lower crime rates? A researcher has theorized that if neighbors know each other, then the crime rates will be lower than in communities in which neighbors do not have a relationship. When communities grow quickly the closeness of the community degrades. A study was done to see if there is a relationship between the crime rate and the percentage change in neighborhood population. 10 neighborhoods in a large metropolis were studied. The results are as follows.
Percentage Change in Neighborhood Population 29 2 11 17 7 6 51 13 19 7
Crime Rate (Crime per 1000 population) 173 35 132 127 69 53 223 104 99 45
1. Identify the Explanatory (X) and Response (Y) variable.
2. Find Persons Correlation Coefficient and determine if there exists a significant linear relationship.
3. Make a scatter plot of the data. Does the scatter plot support the decision from problem 2?
4. Find the Least Squares Regression Line for the data.
5. What percentage of variation in the crime rate that is explained by the linear relationship between the crime rate and the percentage of change in neighborhood population? (Hint: Coefficient of Determination)
6. Use the least squares regression line to predict the crime rate for a neighborhood with a change in population of 45 percent.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more