Psychology is defined as the discipline concerned
1. Psychology is defined as the discipline concerned with:
a. the study of all physical stimuli that affect human sensations and perceptions.
b. behavior and mental processes and how they are affected by an organisms physical state, mental state, and external environment.
c. the study of humankind and the importance of culture in explaining the diversity in human behavior.
d. maladaptive human behaviors and cognitions that are incorporated into a persons self-worth during childhood.
2. Critical thinking requires:
a. creativity for creating alternative explanations.
b. treating all theories as equally valid.
c. low tolerance for uncertainty.
d. emotional reasoning.
3. Unlike modern psychologists, great thinkers of the past:
a. relied primarily on observations based on anecdotes and descriptions of individual cases.
b. wanted to describe, predict, understand, and modify behavior.
c. relied heavily on empirical evidence.
d. wanted to know what motivated peoples actions.
4. _______________ established the first psychological laboratory in 1879.
a. Sigmund Freud
b. John Locke
c. William James
d. Wilhelm Wundt
5. _______________ emphasized the purpose of behavior as opposed to its analysis and description.
6. _______________ founded the field of psychoanalysis.
a. Sigmund Freud
b. William James
c. Wilhelm Wundt
d. E. B. Titchener
7. Which modern psychological perspective focuses on how people reason, remember, understand language, and solve problems?
a. the learning perspective
b. the cognitive perspective
c. the sociocultural perspective
d. the psychodynamic perspective
8. Observing violent role models can influence some children to behave aggressively themselves. Which of the following psychological perspectives is this phenomenon an example of?
a. behaviorist perspective
b. learning perspective
c. social-cognitive perspective
d. biological perspective
9. Jacob studies how people change and grow over time physically, mentally, and socially. He is a(n) _______________ psychologist.
10. In almost all states, a _______________ is required to obtain a license to practice clinical psychology.
b. masters degree
c. medical degree
d. certificate from a psychoanalytic institute
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more