1. What political offices were black men elected to – and not elected to –during Reconstruction? federal office,state office and local office 2. What issues most concerned black political leaders during Reconstruction? 3.Why were so many white southerners so opposed to black and white Republications exercising political power?
4. Were black political leaders unqualified to hold office so soon after the end of slavery?
5. What did black political leaders accomplish and fail to accomplish during Reconstruction? What contributed to their successes and failures?
6. Why was the Ku Klux Klan founded, and how effective was it? It was established by anti modernists. They believed that things were better in “the good old days” before the Civil War, and not only in regard to Blacks; they also felt that a woman’s place was in the home.The Klan was effective in systematically keeping black men away from the polls, so that the ex Confederate gained political control in many states. 7. What was the Fifteenth Amendment enacted?
The 15th Amendment to the Constitution granted African American men the right to vote by declaring that the “right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any state on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude
8. How and why did black and white Republicans lose control of every southern state by 1877? The old conservative democrats regained the state governments. Also, blacks, who back then unanimously voted Republican, were beginning to be disenfranchised. 9. Why did the Republican Party fail to maintain control of southern state governments during Reconstruction?
10. How and why did Reconstruction end? Reconstruction ended because of the compromise of 1877. It was an unwritten agreement that stated Hayes would win the presidency, if he were to remove troops from southern states(political).Reconstruction also failed because many people in the south did not want to accept a life different from what they were used to soical. 11. How effective was Reconstruction in assisting black people to move from slavery to freedom? How effective was it in restoring southern states to the Union?
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more