Assignment 1: Your Recession Strategy
Suppose that you are the chief economic advisor to the president of the United States. You are asked to propose a strategy to bring the economy out of recession. Unemployment is at 13 percent and inflation is relatively low. Your goal is to avoid an increase in inflation and bring the economy to full employment as rapidly as possible.
Applying the principles of the Keynesian model, what specific economic policies would you propose to accomplish these goals? What do you believe would be the short- and long-term effects of your policies on both inflation and unemployment rates? Provide justification and examples to support your conclusions.
By Friday, January 25, 2013, post your initial discussion response
Assignment 2: LASA 1: Inflation and Government Economic Policies
Inflation is a measure of how prices have changed over time. If prices are changing due to inflation, each dollar spent will buy less.
In order to answer the questions below, go to the following website: http://www.bls.gov/cpi/
- What is inflation? What are the causes of inflation? Is inflation desirable and what can be done to control inflation in a market economy?
- What is the Consumer Price Index (CPI)? How has the CPI behaved since the year 2000? What have been the causes of these changes? In your response, include a graph of the CPI for this period and cite your source.
- What is the Producer Price Index (PPI)? How has the PPI behaved since the year 2000? What have been the causes of these changes? In your response, include a graph of the PPI for this period and cite your source.
- What is the Consumer Expenditure Survey (CE)? How has the Survey behaved since the year 2000? What have been the causes of these changes? In your response, include a graph of the CE for this period and cite your source.
- What do the measures above tell us about consumer behavior? Have incomes changed enough to offset the inflation since 2000? What can we predict about future inflation?
- What are the implications of these measures for government economic policies?
By Wednesday, January 30, 2013, create a Microsoft Word file to collate your answers
Complete the following readings early in the module:
The following chapters from the assigned textbook, Macroeconomics:
Edition / Copyright:
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more